9/13 vs. Rockies 710CT - Kopech v. Kuhl: A New Streak Starts

ChiSox59

7 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I’d love to see a bench next year with Romy, Elvis on it. I could even live with Romy at second if we pour money into another quality starter and or a legit right fielder. Maybe even Elvis at second?? 

If Romy is the starting 2B, there could be a role for Elvis as a backup 2B/SS, with Leury serving as the 26th man, IF/OF reserve.

But we also have Mendick for that role and Elvis could maybe find a starting gig somewhere else.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Robert is alive! Love the lineup. 

Also happy Pollock, Leury and Big Energy are sitting.

If they limit Pollock to 43 plate appearances the rest of the way, he will get $12M with the player option next season, instead of $13M (44 PA) or $14M (94 PA). He's fine pinch running  or as a defensive replacement in the 8th or 9th and an occasional starter at least through the four Cleveland games, while they are still in it.

Wishing TLR all the best, please take the rest of the year off, visit the grandkids, take the wife to Italy, visit with your friends that you didn’t have time for. We’ll get by, it’ll be tough but we’ll make it. We are Allstate. We’re in good hands. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If Romy is the starting 2B, there could be a role for Elvis as a backup 2B/SS, with Leury serving as the 26th man, IF/OF reserve.

But we also have Mendick for that role and Elvis could maybe find a starting gig somewhere else.

I’d rather see Luery, who I like to be traded to free up some cash, Mendick is a bit younger and can play all 3 infield spots, granted Garcia can play the outfield but so does Engel in a reserve spot. We also got some dead weight in the bullpen. But that’s another topic. 

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

I’d rather see Luery, who I like to be traded to free up some cash, Mendick is a bit younger and can play all 3 infield spots, granted Garcia can play the outfield but so does Engel in a reserve spot. We also got some dead weight in the bullpen. But that’s another topic. 

I’d love to see Elvis stick around for at least one more year, he’s a great insurance policy 

39 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

LOL no one is taking on a cent of Leury's money in a trade unless you give up a solid prospect with him. He's a DFA candidate if there ever was one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Sox bench has to start often. 

58 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

LOL no one is taking on a cent of Leury's money in a trade unless you give up a solid prospect with him. He's a DFA candidate if there ever was one. 

Exactly. And they probably wouldn’t cut him with multiple years left so you’re probably looking at him being a utility player at least for next year.

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Exactly. And they probably wouldn’t cut him with multiple years left so you’re probably looking at him being a utility player at least for next year.

Cutting him early in year 2 of his deal is I believe what happened to Keppinger. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If TLR returns I have a hard time seeing them jettison Leury, not that either were worthy of their most recent deals…

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Cutting him early in year 2 of his deal is I believe what happened to Keppinger. 

Yeah…Leury is a guy who’s been here a while though. Not that I disagree with cutting him early next year if he sucks.

Maybe a 1 for 1 swap for a reliever or some s%*#.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Luery will be here next year and the year after, this team will also have the same problem as last year unfortunately. these morons will get hurt from time to time and need time off. Remember, if he really goes downhill i don't think they wouldn't DFA him. We ate Keuchels money which was a lot more than what Leury makes, we need to trim the fat money in the bullpen also. 

Forget Luery for now, let's talk about what the hell we do about Cueto next year. Do we make the same mistake that we did with Rodon?? Before everyone statrs yelling at me and if you read my posts, I'm a big Cueto guy, without him and Cease we'd be just waiting for Bears Football, and that's no bargain, we were lucky Sunday. Would we have got better numbers from Rodon? we'll never know. Cueto will get a payday next year but not from us. 

58 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Every team wants Leury.

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I’d love to see a bench next year with Romy, Elvis on it. I could even live with Romy at second if we pour money into another quality starter and or a legit right fielder. Maybe even Elvis at second?? 

They will have Colas next yr. in RF . It's win or lose with him.

What they need to do is have the new OFer's preferably both LH  . Colas takes care of RF. Who patrols LF is anyone's guess since a FA signing for someone like Nimmo or maybe even Conforto probably doesn't happen. It will improve team speed and defense. Speed and Left handedness in the lineup will be especially important with the new shift and pick off rules. Other teams will realize this. We can only hope the Sox will and, for once act, on it.

The fly in the ointment is what to do with Abreu and Vaughn. Logically Vaughn has to stay because he's young and cheap. The hard part will be getting Reinsdorf to know that Abreu will have to be the one to go because there is very little else to save money on. These are the hard decisions that every team that wishes to contend ,on the type of budget the Sox may or may not have next year, must make. I do not enjoy in the slightest saying this about Jose. He is the best player they have had since he got here in both performance, availability and leadership.

2nd base should also be available for a youngster like Romy or Sosa. Andrus should be an afterthought . If he played any other position or had some versatility he would more valuable but have to save money where they can while prioritizing the right things this off season . No going crazy with money to relief pitches, they keep feeding that monster and it hasn't resulted in squat. Prioritize LH hitters and some speed and defense and of course pitching but at least starting pitching outside of Cueto will be back.

We'll see if Hahn or another GM can right the ship . The ship has been Captain-less and without a rudder now for a few years. If Jerry thinks he's the Captain and he's the rudder it's about as hopeless as it usually is .