9/13 vs. Rockies 710CT - Kopech v. Kuhl: A New Streak Starts

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

That looked like a I want to get this game over swing,

Looked more like I can't physically swing a bat better than this without excruciating pain swing.

A responsible team would not let this continue for weeks. Sadly for Luis, he does not play for a responsible team.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Let’s be honest, he doesn’t hit Lawrence even if healthy.  

Yea  I have a hard time with a guy who's hand is supposedly hurting swinging so much. If his hand hurts why can't he figure out a slider is coming in a slider count when he has extra incentive not to swing ? Look at some damn pitches and when you're ahead 2-0 and 3-1 maybe then swing. Think !

Folks were hoping when two Cleveland pitchers went on the IL that they'd fall apart...instead the opposite has happened.

Only chance for the Sox is to win all four head to head meets and hope. 

Realistically my guess is the only thing the Sox will be playing for is a winning record when all is said and done, which would be the third straight season for that.

It's something I guess but a far cry from being a "World Series contender" isn't it?

Edited by Lip Man 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Then Vaughn has to go. One or the other. 36 and expensive or 25 and cheap ? Sentiment or do whats right for the team ?

I think this year has shot down the concept that we need to keep Abreu for his team leadership skills, particularly with the Cuban players.  If he was a leader before, he clearly wasn't effective this year.  Still a damn good hitter though.