2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

58 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Sox would totally claim Raimel Tapia. I guess he's not bad as a 4th OFer.Ā 

I really hope not. He was bad last year and I think the Sox need a LHH as a starting caliber guy with a RHH 4th outfielder. I'm hoping that the Sox are trying to buy low on Jesse WinkerĀ 

54 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd take Stone Barrett. Not an established MLB guy . Did well in limited time with the D'backs. Speed and power hitting OF. Courtney Hawkins with MLB potential. Turning 27 soon. Power, speed, defense. He's RH.

I'd consider a claim for Barrett as well. Three options left and could play in Charlotte.Ā 

• Like 1

The KC Royals announced that they want to build a new $2 Billion Dollar Baseball stadium . The present lease runs out in 2030. I think the White Sox lease runs out in either 2028 or 2029. I wonder if we're going to hear of a new White Sox stadium in a few years.

27 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The KC Royals announced that they want to build a new $2 Billion Dollar Baseball stadium . The present lease runs out in 2030. I think the White Sox lease runs out in either 2028 or 2029. I wonder if we're going to hear of a new White Sox stadium in a few years.

Its coming soon. In the White Sox lease, the last couple of years of the lease, the state is not obligated to provide stadium updates that have become standard at other parks. They are now.Ā 

33 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Its coming soon. In the White Sox lease, the last couple of years of the lease, the state is not obligated to provide stadium updates that have become standard at other parks. They are now.Ā 

It will be curious to see how this playsĀ  out. There haveĀ  been rumors for years as to where the new stadium will be located in the Chicagoland area. I've also met people who think they will renew the lease at the present stadium. The present lease is a sweetheart deal. TheyĀ  probably won't get the same deal at a new stadium.

Edited by WBWSF

20 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

It will be curious to see how this playsĀ  out. There haveĀ  been rumors for years as to where the new stadium will be located in the Chicagoland area. I've also met people who think they will renew the lease at the present stadium. The present lease is a sweetheart deal. TheyĀ  probably won't get the same deal at a new stadium.

I think they are or at least were counting on a period of sustained winning to then lobby for a stadium. Being a disaster hurts, and I think the sweetheart rents and building billionaires stadiums are a thing of the past. JR and Bill Wirtz did build the United Center mostly public fund free. He can do it again.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I think they are or at least were counting on a period of sustained winning to then lobby for a stadium. Being a disaster hurts, and I think the sweetheart rents and building billionaires stadiums are a thing of the past. JR and Bill Wirtz did build the United Center mostly public fund free. He can do it again.

Jerry is 86. Will he make it to 2028?Ā 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

We've had this discussion and everyone besides me seems to agree that SF/NI is such a pain in the ass that the prime real estate isn't worth it.Ā 

Oh I agree, getting in and out of there 81 times a year would be a nightmare, but that doesn't mean some politicians won't push that to the point that it happens.Ā