Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions

Sleepy Harold

On 12/15/2022 at 7:34 PM, flavum said:

Dan O’Dowd had a few Hendriks proposals tonight:

Sea- for Kelenic and Flexen

NY- with Crochet for Gleyber

Tex- for Dunning and Josh Smith

Ok experts, any of these sound ok?

Seattle:  possibly, if they think Flexen is a legit #4 or so.  Kelenic is just a shot in the dark, but fine for a throw-in.

NY:  ridiculous to have to throw in Crochet for this.  This isn't "top prospect in baseball" Torres - he's an up and down player whose D grades out poorly.
Tex:  Negative.   We have several guys who assuredly can match Smith's c. 550 OPS.  Dunning doesn't seem to have made much progress.

• Like 2

Just now, chw42 said:

Yeah, I can't see the Sox doing this move without getting something useful back to plug the holes at 2B and C. 

Sox have to act like they don't have to cut salary. It should be like if you really want Liam you need to dazzle me. No Escobar no McCann.

If you  ( Mets) want to act fiscally responsible now with us you came to the wrong team.

Sox need to win this trade where like 90 % of the board would be impressed,if that's even possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sox have to act like they don't have to cut salary. It should be like if you really want Liam you need to dazzle me. No Escobar no McCann.

If you  ( Mets) want to act fiscally responsible now with us you came to the wrong team.

Sox need to win this trade where like 90 % of the board would be impressed,if that's even possible.

If the Mets have/want to cut some payroll (they do), I would take either of those guys as a toss in. Not as main pieces though.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Jack Parkman needs to be impressed with the trade.

Baty and McCann for Hendriks is still short about 5m in value that we would need to send to NYM. Maybe a prospect or something. 

Hard to see a Mets deal working honestly. Are they going to open up a hole in their lineup by trading McNeil to get a really expensive set-up man?…after already giving David Robertson 10mil to presumably fill that role. 

Escobar definitely works to fill our 2B hole, I’m just not sure how Escobar + prospects makes sense for us. Unless it’s Baty, but that would leave a hole for the Mets at 3B.

Maybe a 3 team deal, but good luck coming up with that proposal. 

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Hard to see a Mets deal working honestly. Are they going to open up a hole in their lineup by trading McNeil to get a really expensive set-up man?…after already giving David Robertson 10mil to presumably fill that role. 

Escobar definitely works to fill our 2B hole, I’m just not sure how Escobar + prospects makes sense for us. Unless it’s Baty, but that would leave a hole for the Mets at 3B.

Maybe a 3 team deal, but good luck coming up with that proposal. 

They can always have Baty play 3rd and slide Escobar over to 2nd. 

I doubt the Mets part with major league talent that has positive value.

I doubt the Sox want to sell Hendriks for minor league talent after signing Benny.

I imagine the Sox would be much more incentivized to dump Kelly despite the rumors being ok with the payroll as-is.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They can always have Baty play 3rd and slide Escobar over to 2nd. 

They absolutely could…but trading 1 of your better hitters for a setup man and counting on a rookie in what is essentially a do or die WS year? Doesn’t make sense to me, but it is the Mets so who knows

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

They absolutely could…but trading 1 of your better hitters for a setup man and counting on a rookie in what is essentially a do or die WS year? Doesn’t make sense to me, but it is the Mets so who knows

If only Hahn was their GM...

17 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If the Mets have/want to cut some payroll (they do), I would take either of those guys as a toss in. Not as main pieces though.

Since JR was opposed to Cohen as an owner I'm pretty sure JR isn't willing to cut Cohen any slack if they truly want to cut salary now.

They put themselves in that position so why would JR now want to bail them out ?

You want our guy, pay up like you have been doing all off season.