2023 Predictions

flavum

On 3/29/2023 at 11:42 AM, flavum said:

88-74, good enough for the 3-seed

Astros, Blue Jays, White Sox, Yankees, Mariners, Guardians 

going to predict the Sox rotation stays relatively healthy, and make 150 starts

Eloy stays off the IL and hits 46 homers

There’s one off the board

I'm not going too far out on a limb if I predict that at sometime during season this will happen:

Jimenez dl ( already there)

Moncada dl ( on his way)

Anderson dl,

grandal dl,

Robert dl

,Lynn dl,

Kopech,dl,

Bummer dl

, Hendriks dl ( sorry but already there), 

4 hours ago, soxrwhite said:

I'm not going too far out on a limb if I predict that at sometime during season this will happen:

Jimenez dl ( already there)

Moncada dl ( on his way)

Anderson dl,

grandal dl,

Robert dl

,Lynn dl,

Kopech,dl,

Bummer dl

, Hendriks dl ( sorry but already there), 

A mainstream media person e-mailed me yesterday as said that as soon as Eloy comes off the IL, Moncada will go on it...LOL.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Not really, i anticipate a record low in attendance this year. Most Sox fans I know are done with this s%*#. 

Sox fans will come out if they win and only if they win. It's the way Sox fans are and have been since the 80s.

19 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Not really, i anticipate a record low in attendance this year. Most Sox fans I know are done with this s%*#. 

White Sox attendance was up in 2022 over 2021 by 12.5% despite a poor showing.  I think it will be up again to 2 Million this year.

10 hours ago, fathom said:

Wasn’t 2021 limited seating for a few months?

Yep, didn't go back to full capacity until end of June, started the season around 20-30% capacity or so. Should probably compare '19 & '22 in terms of actual increase/decrease numbers since they were the last two "normal" seasons.

wow the Sox are a lot further behind the rest of the league than I thought

they didnt have ipads in the dugout until Abreu bought them himself? the Sox dont have their own in house video archives for players to analyze pitchers before games (Leury had to show the guys how to browse YouTube for pitcher scouting)

Fast Forward to 15:45 (you should watch the whole thing)

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 3:42 PM, fathom said:

74-88, Tim Anderson is on the Dodgers and Giolito on the Angels at the deadline.

The depth on this team is so bad that just an average injury year will destroy them.

Nice calls, though a bit optimistic. :D

I stayed off here from the end of January after they punted on improving or addressing their significant holes in the offseason until later in April when they were approaching records in terms of losing streaks / series losing streaks. I agreed with Hawk's assessment before OD that a lot would have to go right for them to win a wild card, thought Minnesota or Cleveland would win the division with 85ish games.

That said, I didn't think they would finish with 95-100 losses. They would still reach/exceed 90 losses even if they didn't ship have the pitching staff away. I stand by my mid April production that 79 wins will take the division (the second place team will have under 79 wins).