GT 4/29: This ends tonight! White Sox vs. Rays - 6:10 CT

The Beast

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

In 229 games... if he could actually stay healthy, which would average out to 11.6 / 2 full years or 5.8 per season. 

Alas.  Not going to ever happen with the White Sox at least. 

Trout missed 42 games last year with a rare back condition, costovertebral dysfunction, and still beats that prorated pie in the sky number during his age 30 season.

How much of Robert's WAR is inflated with cutting off teammate routine RF/LF flyballs?

When I used to coach, I used to see the opposing team - if they were winning - hitting a first batter double as an opportunity. They’re already winning , they have the momentum. 
but if we can hold them, and they don’t score…that lead off double isn’t an opportunity for them to score, it’s an opportunity for us to get the momentum back. 
If that makes sense. 

Just now, Pale Sox said:

When I used to coach, I used to see the opposing team - if they were winning - hitting a first batter double as an opportunity. They’re already winning , they have the momentum. 
but if we can hold them, and they don’t score…that lead off double isn’t an opportunity for them to score, it’s an opportunity for us to get the momentum back. 
If that makes sense. 

Tell us about band camp!

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Trout missed 42 games last year with a rare back condition, costovertebral dysfunction, and still beats that prorated pie in the sky number during his age 30 season.

How much of Robert's WAR is inflated with cutting off teammate routine RF/LF flyballs?

It's based on expected plays made mostly and Robert really had a below average season last year when he was at 75-80% for most of the year. 

0-2 count... at least the fans are happy with their hockey jerseys. 

Lynn getting chippy with Arozarena after all his shenanigans this series.