GT 4/29: This ends tonight! White Sox vs. Rays - 6:10 CT

The Beast

1 minute ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

He said he decided before the game he wasn’t going to run hard because his hamstring felt a little tight after he ran hard last game. That he didn’t tell anyone but Eloy and Elvis, saying he told them he would need help covering the OF. When Eloy wasn’t even playing the field

That’s…

..worse?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I just wanna say that your posts come off as really depressing in a very "this is fine" meme sorta way, most of us went through all the stages of grief pretty quick, but you're still in bargaining I think 😕 it's over 

If my posts and positive attitude make you depressed please call the help line 😂I just don’t believe in giving up so soon 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

If my posts and positive attitude make you depressed please call the help line 😂I just don’t believe in giving up so soon 

We can't give up until they are mathematically eliminated, which may be June at this rate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, White Sox Park said:

At this point, I'm past the denial and anger stages . stuck somewhere between depression and acceptance . this feels like the end of something.

This would be an appropriate time for a rumor to come out about the team's future in Chicago. With the Bears demanding a new stadium, you'd think the Sox would want out of that mediocre non beautiful park and build a gorgeous park either in suburbia or another city. Seems like the team embodies the country's new opinion of Chicago, a place you don't want to be.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

He said he decided before the game he wasn’t going to run hard because his hamstring felt a little tight after he ran hard last game.

Can't blame him for that. Know your own body.

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 2

15 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

He said he decided before the game he wasn’t going to run hard because his hamstring felt a little tight after he ran hard last game. That he didn’t tell anyone but Eloy and Elvis, saying he told them he would need help covering the OF. When Eloy wasn’t even playing the field

So he just decided not to tell his coaching staff that he was hurt...?

I saw they were up 3-0 in the 7th and thought they might actually win a game...then I checked back a few hours later and saw the game ended 12-3. I couldn't care less, but even that shocked me. It's hard to give up 12 runs in 3 innings. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

I think we can all agree tonight the rebuild officially died and was flushed right down the toilet.

"Multiple championships," "Talk to me after the parade," "Window of contention..."

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 (and counting...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

So he just decided not to tell his coaching staff that he was hurt...?

I saw they were up 3-0 in the 7th and thought they might actually win a game...then I checked back a few hours later and saw the game ended 12-3. I could care less, but even that shocked me. It's hard to give up 12 runs in 3 innings. 

If you don't know, the Rays were no hit through 6 innings.....then scored 10 runs in the 7th.

18 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Then they asked if he understood why Grifol benched him and his answer was basically because Grifol didn’t understand

This is pure entertainment now. New bad things just keep happening every day. Like a bad movie but you can't look away. 

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

This is pure entertainment now. New bad things just keep happening every day. Like a bad movie but you can't look away. 

At this point it really is getting funny.  Dark humor is popular for a reason.  The Sox are proving to be the darkest.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

If you don't know, the Rays were no hit through 6 innings.....then scored 10 runs in the 7th.

Yikes man...at this point, I kind of hope this team keeps losing just so the changes happen quicker. 

Even the worst teams in baseball don't look this bad for 10+ games stretches. They find ways to win a game every other series at least. At some point, it's not just the talent on the roster. It's also the coaching staff. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yikes man...at this point, I kind of hope this team keeps losing just so the changes happen quicker. 

Even the worst teams in baseball don't look this bad for 10+ games stretches. They find ways to win a game every other series at least. At some point, it's not just the talent on the roster. It's also the coaching staff. 

It's just a mess. I'm sure they come to the ballpark expecting to lose. This team is a self fulfilling prophecy.