5/5 Sox @ Reds 5:40PM CT - Apple TV+

Alright. I guess since I'm one of the few delusional enough to think the Sox can still turn this around, I'll give it a go.

Apple TV+ subscription is required to watch this one. You can sign up for a 2 month trial for free. Just make sure you cancel before they charge you. http://apple.co/mlbgift

Lynn Vs. Greene

Lineups:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Alright. I guess since I'm one of the few delusional enough to think the Sox can still turn this around, I'll give it a go.

Apple TV+ subscription is required to watch this one. You can sign up for a 2 month trial for free. Just make sure you cancel before they charge you. http://apple.co/mlbgift

Lynn Vs. Greene

Lineups:

Just make sure you watch Ted Lasso in the interim.

• Thanks 1

I would have given TA a full game off tonight after that piss poor effort yesterday, but I guess that is why I am sure everyone on the team would hate me if I was the manager.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Finally, the White Sox are playing a team that's probably not better than them.

Except we are facing their top 3 pitchers (2 of which are legit, Greene and Lodolo) while we have our worst pitching (Lynn and Clev)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I don't think the Sox are in the position to take any team lightly.  I can easily see the Reds win this series. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I'm not so sure the Sox are any better. Although the Reds are under 500 at 13-18, its a better record than the Sox. The Reds arguably have played as tough of a schedule as the Sox. Every team the Reds played other than OAK and PHI are all over 500: Realistically they are both bad teams. 

TB 26-6
ATL 22-12
PIT 20-12
TEX 18-12
TOR 18-14
SD 17-15
PHI  15-17
OAK 6-26

2 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

8 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I'm not so sure the Sox are any better. Although the Reds are under 500 at 13-18, its a better record than the Sox. The Reds arguably have played as tough of a schedule as the Sox. Every team the Reds played other than OAK and PHI are all over 500: Realistically they are both bad teams. 

TB 26-6
ATL 22-12
PIT 20-12
TEX 18-12
TOR 18-14
SD 17-15
PHI  15-17
OAK 6-26

The Reds are hungry…like the Orioles last year.  Younger, and they hustle.  Votto one of their few veterans remaining, and he has been out.  Have been playing opponents pretty tough, the NL version of the Tigers in recent weeks.

Greene might destroy the Sox lineup.

Seems fans have been arguing Sox “more talented” all the way back to the Twins/Piranhas days…early 2000’s.

JR’s whole scheme is essentially based on the belief that talent collections will gel eventually, but they usually don’t correlate to winning, team-oriented baseball.

Edited by caulfield12