5/17: White Sox Vs Guardians- 7:10P

kwill

29 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I was going to make a joke about food delivery apps and burgers, but I can't because this graphic is way too fucking funny as is.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’ve started watching the last two games only to turn them off in favor of the new Zelda. Maybe I should keep doing that.

Probably should. No need to get sucked back in . I'm never one to say they are out of it by record alone but a lot of poor performances would have to do a 180 . Crochet and Hendriks would have to be better than we have a right to expect them to be and they have 0 starting pitching depth and always have injury issues. That doesn't even take into account how bad the FO is.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I was going to make a joke about food delivery apps and burgers, but I can't because this graphic is way too fucking funny as is.

Never in a million years would have had an "overweight" 3B with 2 major Achilles' injuries ahead of Moncada and Anderson on any type of speed chart.

That said, it feels like 50% of that is sheer grit and determination, lol.

Unless he took some type of Locastro/Witt Jr./Carroll special juice.

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Never in a million years would have had an "overweight" 3B with 2 major Achilles' injuries ahead of Moncada and Anderson on any type of speed chart.

That said, it feels like 50% of that is sheer grit and determination, lol.

Unless he took some type of Locastro/Witt Jr./Carroll special juice.

Burger gets lumped in with Sheets and Vaughn as being unathletic.  I am not certain that is the case.  He is a much better athlete then both of them.  Because of the injuries people forget he was a high first round pick which for the White Sox draft history  doesn't mean much but his success should not be surprising.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

2 nice wins in a row, it’s time to get on an extended roll and get back in contention in a weak division.

If they get back to .500, that means they would've gone on a nice run to get there. And .500 gets you in the hunt in the AL Central. Oh no, they are sucking me back in again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Probably should. No need to get sucked back in . I'm never one to say they are out of it by record alone but a lot of poor performances would have to do a 180 . Crochet and Hendriks would have to be better than we have a right to expect them to be and they have 0 starting pitching depth and always have injury issues. That doesn't even take into account how bad the FO is.

I meant more in terms that they’re winning when I’m not watching.

But again, I think the nightmare scenario is the Sox winning the division with an approximately .500 record, getting trounced in the first round, but then using the division title to keep the same leadership in place for the next ten years.