That's a One Hit White Sox Winner!

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Dueling that's a winner threads....great games do that

The stewards have determined South Side Hit Men has won the photo finish.

250px-Triple_dead-heat.jpg

Thanks for checking in, such a great game. Hate I can search Twitter for highlight videos, but hope to post a few in a hot minute.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Glad the bullpen didn't blow it. Sox will take the solid victory in just 2:06.

Nice win.

After bottoming out in April, the pen had been top 10 in May coming into today.

Of course, playing an AL Central gauntlet instead of 10 straight against the Rays/Jays doesn't hurt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Guess I was beat to the punch. That don't happen often. Usually it's like ,so what this sucky team won, and no one wants to bother making the Winners thread 🤣

Hey, this was a great game and it's always good to celebrate a win, whether the Sox are 90-70 or 70-90.

Love that the bullpen rests as well for when they are needed.

Lucas dealing tomorrow and then Lynn against perhaps a call-up or bullpen game with no named Royals starter.

Perhaps Katz will survive the weekend. :cheers

1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

After bottoming out in April, the pen had been top 10 in May coming into today.

Of course, playing an AL Central gauntlet instead of 10 straight against the Rays/Jays doesn't hurt.

Nice. Thanx for the stat. Sox are trending upward a little bit in a few different areas. Woulda been nice to not let the season get out of hand so early tho.

• Hawk 1

Last in the AL East...Toronto and Boston tied for fourth at 25-20...would put them at first by 1/2 game over the Twins in the Central. 

All four Central teams other than Minny with negative RS/RA differentials. Oakland at -165 the only other AL team in negative territory. 

As a result of tonight's final, Sox passed KC for 28th in RS/RA lol... -61 to -64. 

Great game by Kopech... and Graveman. 

I recently wrote Kopech belongs in the bullpen. Oops!

As a lifelong Sox fan I fully expected the bullpen to blow it. 

As the game ended I looked  at the time and it was only 9:15. That was almost a perfect game in many ways,

Kopech's best major league start. Like Steve Stone said, it was a good of a performance as Giolito and Rodon's no hitters. 

A key comment that Kopech said after the game, he has been working hard on controlling his emptions on the mound. You could definitely tell Kopech looked relaxed and kept his high emotions in check, which normally gets him in trouble with the control and walks. Grifol also pointed that same fact out in his post game talk. 

I also liked Grifol's comments about how electric Kopech's fastball was. He referred his fastball right before batter sees it...as a ball that has an extra gear to it. It was nice to see Michael hit 97-99 several times with major movement.

However very frustrated and concerned the offense is going backwards again. Horrible situational baseball effort.

• Hawk 1