June 13th Game Thread - Chicago @ Los Angeles

Heads22

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Looks like Eloy is expected to be back Wednesday...until he gets hurt again. Maybe he can help this sickening offense.

DVS of the Sun-Times has a story tonight on him with this staggering stat:

"Jimenez’s latest injury is his 16th known one since April 2019. That was his first season with the Sox, who acquired him with right-hander Dylan Cease from the Cubs for left-hander Jose Quintana two years earlier.

With a record like that, it’s difficult for the Sox to project his value, knowing he hasn’t been able to stay on the field. Signed to a six-year, $43 million deal in March 2019, Jimenez’s contract and health history affect his trade value, as well."

It's time to move on at the trade deadline and stop this the constant hoping Eloy will learn how to stay healthy. Maybe we won't get as much back, but I'm sure there will be a team that feels they can straighten him out to be more productive. He needs to be traded to a team with a stronger winning culture and leadership, that can educate him better and get his body into better sustainable baseball shape. We obviously don't have that structure to get him there.

How about letting Anderson play some OF.  Do something to freshen this operation up.

Banks' numbers have been consistently decent wherever he's pitched.  But he's consistently the Sox begrudging choice.  

Edited by GreenSox

3 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

In an attempt to put a favorable spin on this dreadful season, if you take away the first inning, the White Sox tied the Dodgers in the top of the ninth.

I have a long contended that there should be a warm up inning to get everyone acclimated to the day. Those 4 runs should not have counted. I have a message in to Manfred's office....maybe they will call me back this time.

• Haha 1

For the first time in my life when I was at a White Sox game in person here in LA… I found myself heckling our players.

Since I was closest to third base, Yoan got an ear full. 😆

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

How about letting Anderson play some OF.  Do something to freshen this operation up.

Banks' numbers have been consistently decent wherever he's pitched.  But he's consistently the Sox begrudging choice.  

How about letting TA bat much further down in the lineup!

Btw, why in the hell is a .299 OBP for the year leading off still?

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah, his sub-.800 OPS in Charlotte and still lack of plate discipline, ha.

The Barons have two guys in their lineup a little over .700. Sad.

4 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

How about letting TA bat much further down in the lineup!

Btw, why in the hell is a .299 OBP for the year leading off still?

Interestingly, his OBP for his career is .315

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

You're right it's always been low. It was because didn't have any plate discipline and patience to draw walks. But when he was hitting well over 300 it was fine. He used to get on base a lot and with his fiery positive attitude...it ignited the team. That ability Tim had, has left the station and never will return again. 

21 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You're right it's always been low. It was because didn't have any plate discipline and patience to draw walks. But when he was hitting well over 300 it was fine. He used to get on base a lot and with his fiery positive attitude...it ignited the team. That ability Tim had, has left the station and never will return again. 

Tim's fiery positive attitude left on the train with Yoan's sweet LH swing.....I miss them both.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Anderson a few years ago volunteered to play the outfield, OK by me but who plays shortstop?

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Anderson a few years ago volunteered to play the outfield, OK by me but who plays shortstop?

Elvis; Moncada at 2nd and Burger a 3rd.  Some shakeup wake them up and spark some interest.   Or Anderson at 2nd.
I get that moving Anderson to OF is kind of a big deal, but never giving Moncada a game or 2 at his original position of 2nd seems like excess coddling.

Edited by GreenSox

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I never viewed him as a leadoff hitter and thought it stagnated the offense.  Yet another flaw of the White Sox organization.  putting players in a position that they think works but in reality are not well thought out.  

He will play SS and bat leadoff all year and then when they don't pick up the option will they then realize that they should have addressed this much sooner. 

The organization is a complete dumpster fire because Rick Hahn is fucking imbecile and KW is living on a lighting in a bottle season.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Elvis; Moncada at 2nd and Burger a 3rd.  Some shakeup wake them up and spark some interest.   Or Anderson at 2nd.
I get that moving Anderson to OF is kind of a big deal, but never giving Moncada a game or 2 at his original position of 2nd seems like excess coddling.

Anderson would be a pretty good 2B imo. Moncada has the arm for SS, and both of those guys have the range and first step quickness to move to those positions. Burger at 3rd doesn't hurt you much because it doesn't require much range.