And that's a Perfect Remillard White Sox Winner!

South Side Hit Men

I know that wasn't Gio's best game, but he has been one of, if not the most consistent starter for several starts now.

I give him huge credit for starting out so poorly and yet he gutted it out and got 5 innings in at 105 pitches. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Maybe the Sox need to pull an Oakland and get rid of the talented players who don't care and field a line up of Remilliard, Mondou, Haseley, Reyes, Perez etc. They would suck, but at least they would put some effort into it. That last Robert ab made me want to puke.

43 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Maybe the Sox need to pull an Oakland and get rid of the talented players who don't care and field a line up of Remilliard, Mondou, Haseley, Reyes, Perez etc. They would suck, but at least they would put some effort into it. That last Robert ab made me want to puke.

Then we will be adding those guys to the list.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And if you missed it Remillard was the 1st White Soxrookie to reach base in his 1st 4 MLB AB since Johnny Callison in 1958.

Why it took so long to bring this guy up to the Big Show?  He is 29 yrs old!  We have seen  many much worse brought up the last few years.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We’ve had some gut wrenching losses this past week with infuriating at bats by Robert and Jake but the team hasn’t quit.

Devil's advocate would say that's wrong. Remillard did all the things the Sox regulars do not do and that's why we won. Possibility at least. It's like he came up and said, 'Bleep you guys I'll show you how to advance runners, bring them in and play winning baseball.'''

• TLR 1

12 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Why it took so long to bring this guy up to the Big Show?  He is 29 yrs old!  We have seen  many much worse brought up the last few years.

Because he's just considered minor league filler. Never great stats or anything down there. Tonight might be the highlight of his career.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Was progressing through the system. AA player when the owners cancelled the minor league system. Played well in Birmingham in 2021 (.912), promoted to AAA (.640 2021, .773 in 2022). Could have helped last year but Tony La Russa is all f*** You to anyone under 30, though not sure why they didn't bring him up in September when Tony was detoxing, or why they rushed Lenyn Sosa beyond complete Hahn incompetence the past two seasons (.367 OPS Age 22 / .366 Age 23).

I take everything back I said about our system. Look how they developed this guy!! Woo Woo 

Until next week. A week or two of film and the opposition will zero in on his weaknesses and we'll be back to reality. Yermin is a free agent right now. Be realistic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1