Blow it the F Up

Chicago White Sox

13 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm guessing JR will no longer be running the team by then. 

I agree with you that he will probably not be the owner by then. However for some devastatingly bad luck, if JR is still the owner by then...then we are talking about a Titanic sports disaster like never before. Heaven forbid a more senile 93-94 yr old, being significantly more stubborn and ignorant. 🙄

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

If they give the job to Getz you might as well get ready for more of the same.  He was supposed to revamp the minor leagues based on his one year in KC when they won while he was getting coffee for the higher ups. His minor leagues stink.  He’s completely unqualified based on his resume.  I suppose he’s a lock to be Hahn’s replacement.

Why not Scott Fletcher who has a family connection. Joke. 

On 6/28/2023 at 7:06 PM, Balta1701 said:

Are you willing to trust Rick Hahn trying again to turn a 4th place team into a contender on the fly, by trading away minor leaguers and making dumpster diving signings of veterans? 

I’d trust Kyle Davidson to run the white Sox in his spare time over Hahn. 100% serious 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is a “rebuild” thread…but truly appreciate your douchey, mindless contribution to it.

This is one of the guys who always said those who were questioning Hahn were Cubs fans.  I’ve got him on block.  He clearly know nothing.  Obviously struggles with reading too.

Edited by FloydBannister1983
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tray said:

These sell the team threads are distracting and often populated by cub fans and trolls. . Not going to waste my time reading them anymore.

Sorry you'll miss my appreciation for your comment. JR got it right once with this team, he'll do it again. But a sale to a ownership group that will move it to it's own market would be interesting. Oakland has a stadium in need of a tenant. 

17 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Sorry you'll miss my appreciation for your comment. JR got it right once with this team, he'll do it again. But a sale to a ownership group that will move it to it's own market would be interesting. Oakland has a stadium in need of a tenant. 

Renamed the Oakland White Rats…that will be a big seller of the merchandise market.

https://oaklandside.org/2022/04/13/feral-cats-have-invaded-the-oakland-coliseum/
On second thought, Oakland Feral Cats is even better?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Texsox said:

San Francisco to Oakland is only 12 miles or so. If a new owner wants a change of scenery, I think they may want an area that is open to a new market. But Oakland did survive w Frisco years ago so who knows.

Edited by SCCWS

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

In Rosenthal’s latest article, Ken believes we will ultimately be sellers and guys only controllable through next season could get moved.  That’s fully aligned with my expectations, which is great news for us trolls & Cubs fans.

I don't think there is any chance the Sox sell if they're within 5 games of the division.  Not saying I agree with that logic, but this isn't a FO that has been keen on admitting failure. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

In Rosenthal’s latest article, Ken believes we will ultimately be sellers and guys only controllable through next season could get moved.  That’s fully aligned with my expectations, which is great news for us trolls & Cubs fans.

I feel like no matter what, they should at least trade Giolito regardless. The division is still so bad that you may be able to sneak in. Maybe catch lightning in a bottle from someone in minors.

Might sound crazy but we know they won't really be buyers with nothing of value to trade.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Both from Georgia or met at UGA and I remember Greg Walker and Scooter were co-coaches with ATL for some reason...hitting/infield.

Sox connection sorry.  

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I feel like no matter what, they should at least trade Giolito regardless. The division is still so bad that you may be able to sneak in. Maybe catch lightning in a bottle from someone in minors.

Except you can’t sneak in without your best pitcher…especially with Clevinger also out.

Which minor league starter/s are you going to next?  

Touissant and Scholtens can get it done?

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't think there is any chance the Sox sell if they're within 5 games of the division.  Not saying I agree with that logic, but this isn't a FO that has been keen on admitting failure. 

Honestly, I struggle with assuming what that cut-off might be.  Normally I’d agree that 5 games is the right number, but I think even Hahn realizes how flawed this offense is.  Might need to be a bit closer than that to pass on selling what should be a really attractive trade chip in Giolito.  I also hate the idea of completely standing Pat at the deadline.  Usually you’re either buying or selling to some extent, but throwing more resources at this team seems foolish and is just stretching out the inevitable retool / rebuild.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think if you trade Giolito you are waving the white flag.  Just don’t see how you can rebound from that unfortunately with our complete lack of pitching depth.

Any metric you look at will tell you that this team stinks. It would be a travesty to stand pat or move what little assets we have to try and polish this turd.

Giolito and some of these bullpen arms have to be dealt. They wont resign Giolito, they wont offer him the QO, he cannot remain on this team past 8/1.

If they are still able to somehow win tallest midget and get into the playoffs, great, enjoy that little playoff revenue. Whats best for this franchise moving forward is to get something for these guys instead of getting nothing.

• Like 2