7/6- White Sox vs Blue Jays, Gm 1, 4:10

flavum

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

start the game you cowards. I'm ready to get pissed and annoyed again.

The DH gives them a chance to bring up another starter / pitcher. Also gives them a better chance at salvaging one of two games instead of getting swept again.

World Series of Poker for me over White Sox in either case the next two weeks, stream starts now.

• flavum changed the title to 7/6- White Sox vs Blue Jays, Gm 1, 4:10
13 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The DH gives them a chance to bring up another starter / pitcher. Also gives them a better chance at salvaging one of two games instead of getting swept again.

World Series of Poker for me over White Sox in either case the next two weeks, stream starts now.

Does it? It appears were throwing Lynn and a bullpen game. I don't have high hopes.

The pitcher version of Yoan Moncada is back in his old stomping grounds....the IL.

Says a lot about how awesome this organization is, when we're throwing Jesse Scholtens, Nick Padilla and Tanner Banks out there, as our pitchers first up from AAA when needed.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

There goes any chance to trade Kelly

Eh.  If he's back in the minimum he'll still have 10 days to make a few appearances.  I do think someone will bet on that arm and the extra control if its not a serious injury. 

• Like 1

Lose these two games, hopefully don't take 2/3 from the lousy Cardinals, and then get our cheeks clapped by the Braves and hopefully that will be enough to snuff out any silly ideas about this team making the playoffs.

They need to get SOMETHING to help for next season and beyond as far as depth is concerned. Even 2-3 interesting young players for Giolito will be better than him walking in the offseason.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Somewhere in there it becomes feasible to discuss Luis Robert.

Cease to Baltimore, and then I struggle to find a match for Robert in my fantasy trades.

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

Cease to Baltimore, and then I struggle to find a match for Robert in my fantasy trades.

You just can't trade Robert right now.  You could get the same return for him 2-2.5 years as you could right now. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

You just can't trade Robert right now.  You could get the same return for him 2-2.5 years as you could right now. 

I wouldn't expect him to get traded anytime soon, but there's plenty of reasons to trade him now as opposed to waiting. What if he regresses? Gets injured? If you pull the plug on the team then go all the way, no half measures.

7 minutes ago, T R U said:

I can’t think of a match who could afford him either, but if they are a 4th place team for the next couple years, we will probably be talking about that more seriously in 24 and 25.

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's too valuable to trade. You'd be hoping to get a player of his caliber back and most likely wont. He's under a great contract for someone of his stature and he's just about to turn 26. They should do everything they can do to build around him while he's here, not look to get rid of him. 

621244@3x.png
RHP
8-6, 3.74 ERA, 95 SO

458681@3x.png
RHP
5-8, 6.47 ERA, 116 SO
TOR Lineup
  1. G Springer (R) RF
  2. B Bichette (R) SS
  3. B Belt (L) 1B
  4. V Guerrero Jr. (R) DH
  5. M Chapman (R) 3B
  6. W Merrifield (R) LF
  7. C Biggio (L) 2B
  8. A Kirk (R) C
  9. K Kiermaier (L) CF

CWS Lineup

1. A Benintendi (L) LF
  2. T Anderson (R) SS
  3. L Robert Jr. (R) CF
  4. E Jiménez (R) DH
  5. Y Grandal (S) C
  6. G Sheets (L) 1B
  7. O Colás (L) RF
  8. Z Remillard (R) 3B
  9. E Andrus (R) 2B

You don't trade Robert. Most of this roster is expendable, but guys like him aren't going to be easy to find. Matter of fact, to me, the entire outfield stays: 1 because he is cheap and controllable with potential, 1 because he is a legitimate superstar who is signed under value, and one because no one will take his contract for what he provides with 4 years left.

Everyone else is on the table.

Detroit, like the White Sox, salvaged one game against Oakland. They also beat Kansas City 2 out of 3, leaving Cleveland as the only team successful from the A. L. Central (1-5). I hope Oakland finishes with an overall winning record against the A. L. Central this season.

35 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

He's too valuable to trade. You'd be hoping to get a player of his caliber back and most likely wont. He's under a great contract for someone of his stature and he's just about to turn 26. They should do everything they can do to build around him while he's here, not look to get rid of him. 

I completely agree.  I'd want multiple blue chip top prospects + a few additional top 100s.  Only like 1 or 2 teams could even put a prospect package together than begins to make sense for the Sox.  

And, like I said, he'll still be worth a boatload in 2 years.  He's past the point of diminishing returns.  

42 minutes ago, T R U said:

I wouldn't expect him to get traded anytime soon, but there's plenty of reasons to trade him now as opposed to waiting. What if he regresses? Gets injured? If you pull the plug on the team then go all the way, no half measures.

He'll probably get injured sometime in the next 4.5 years, but unless he gets seriously injured I don't think its really going to matter since they control him so long.