Updated MLB Farm System Rankings After 2023 MLB Draft

The Kids Can Play

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

This is why trading Robert and Cease is absolutely necessary. The White Sox farm system is so poor that they’ll never be ready to compete while Robert and Cease are still good. Get something for them now and start a full scale rebuild. 

I would totally agree with to unload these two stars along with everyone else, but only if Rick Hahn can't be doing it. I would rather wait until next season and hope Hahn is gone.

This is why Hahn needs to be gone and the replacement can't be from inside this inept front office. Reinsdorf must once and for all go recruit a young modern day executive from one of the successful teams in baseball that knows how to build a farm system and make the playoffs each year. They are out there and Jerry just needs to get off his stubborn (not working) loyal blindness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

This is why trading Robert and Cease is absolutely necessary. The White Sox farm system is so poor that they’ll never be ready to compete while Robert and Cease are still good. Get something for them now and start a full scale rebuild. 

While I kind of agree, we know Jerry isn't going to sign off on another rebuild/tear down. They are going to try (or I should say their version of trying anyway) to compete next year.

2 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

Yep, has there ever been a successful rebuild where a team held onto its star player instead of dealing them and they were around for when the team was good again?

• Like 1

No more rebuilds. You get one shot at telling me we will suck for 3 years purposely. Go spend money and figure this s%*# out. 

As much as we want to believe this team has no talent that is false. There is plenty of talent on this roster. They are mismanaged, misguided, misplaced, or HURT.

Go get a bona-fide RF, 2B, C next year, go get a legit SP next year. s%*# get me a legit C and RF and Remillard can play 2nd for me. 

LF- BENINTENDI 

SS- TIM ANDERSON

CF- LUIS ROBERT 

DH- ELOY JIMENEZ

RF- 

3B- MONCADA/BURGER

1B- ANDREW VAUGHN

C-

2B- REMILLARD 

Fill these holes with legit players and there is nothing wrong with this lineup.

BTW- don't give up on TA. He has hit all of his life and will hit again next year. I expect him to be around a .300 batter next year.

Edited by 2Deep
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

No more rebuilds. You get one shot at telling me we will suck for 3 years purposely. Go spend money and figure this s%*# out. 

As much as we want to believe this team has no talent that is false. There is plenty of talent on this roster. They are mismanaged, misguided, misplaced, or HURT.

Go get a bona-fide RF, 2B, C next year, go get a legit SP next year. s%*# get me a legit C and RF and Remillard can play 2nd for me. 

LF- BENINTENDI 

SS- TIM ANDERSON

CF- LUIS ROBERT 

DH- ELOY JIMENEZ

RF- 

3B- MONCADA/BURGER

1B- ANDREW VAUGHN

C-

2B- REMILLARD 

Fill these holes with legit players and there is nothing wrong with this lineup.

BTW- don't give up on TA. He has hit all of his life and will hit again next year. I expect him to be around a .300 batter next year.

That has been the lineup for the majority of the season and they are 16 games under .500.

There is definitely something wrong with this lineup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

That has been the lineup for the majority of the season and they are 16 games under .500.

There is definitely something wrong with this lineup.

What is wrong is the following.......

TA's struggles

No production from RF

Moncada hurt

Eloy in and out of lineup

Little to no production from catchers

That is whats wrong with the lineup.

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

TA's struggles - He's been struggling since the second half of last year.

No production from RF - This has been the case for how many seasons now?

Moncada hurt - Always is, this isn't new.

Eloy in and out of lineup - Again, this isn't new.

Little to no production from catchers - Been this way for 2 seasons now.

See above, this team has been on steady decline since the second half of 2021. There is no fixing it, change is needed all over.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

48 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

LF- BENINTENDI 

SS- TIM ANDERSON

CF- LUIS ROBERT 

DH- ELOY JIMENEZ

RF- 

3B- MONCADA/BURGER

1B- ANDREW VAUGHN

C-

2B- REMILLARD 

Even with all of the holes filled, this is a .500 team. Even if this team does better than .500, they still won’t be able to compete with the heavyweights in the AL or NL. Everything needs to be blown up, front office included. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

58 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

TA's struggles

No production from RF

Moncada hurt

Eloy in and out of lineup

Little to no production from catchers

...so basically half the lineup is all that needs to be fixed.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Even with all of the holes filled, this is a .500 team. Even if this team does better than .500, they still won’t be able to compete with the heavyweights in the AL or NL. Everything needs to be blown up, front office included. 

I disagree. But thats the beauty of this conversation. I just don't understand how us as Sox fans want to start all over with a rebuild. By the time that works we may be dead. 

• Thanks 1

The only optimism I'll have is either if the Sox end up in 1st place with a record above .500 after the 4th of July, or if Hahn is fired and replaced with a competent GM who is ready to rebuild and retool the organization from the ground up. This means scouting, player development, talent evaluation, on-field coaching, injury prevention... the works.

The Sox need to tear it down tot he foundation and start over, or they're bound to make the same mistakes. Get with the modern times and create a comprehensive player development strategy from draft day until the day the player leaves the organization. I also feel the need to say that this strategy needs to be good (not "trot them out there and hope they figure out how to play at this level").

Until then, it doesn't matter if we have the 1st or 30th ranked system in baseball - we're going to continue to churn out players who are only good enough to consistently produce glimmers of hope, but nothing more. We'll get the occasional Luis Robert, but for every Luis Robert you'll end up with a half dozen Vaughns, Moncadas, and Eloys - all good enough to give hope, but too flawed to sanely be able to build around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I disagree. But thats the beauty of this conversation. I just don't understand how us as Sox fans want to start all over with a rebuild. By the time that works we may be dead. 

Look, the odds of another rebuild being successful (under the current regime) are insanely low. But the odds of the current regime adding "legit players" and the rest of the roster being good/healthy/whatever are also insanely low. So I'm just ready for a bunch of new faces at this point. It's the more interesting option to me in this lose-lose scenario.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Mainly because we know they aren't going to spend the money to sign difference makers, so how else are we going to get them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

I don't want a total rebuild under this front office. However if Jerry woke up and shocked the world and fired all the losers in the dysfunctional front office. Then for once he did the smart thing and went to the outside and hired some hot shot young modern day GM from an organization that knows how to build a winning organization from the farm system to the major league level, then I could live with another total rebuild. However only with that scenario would I want a total rebuild and absolutely not with anyone from this loser front office. This FO did a massive trainwreck on the 2016 rebuild and they don't deserve a second shot at Sox rebuild 2.0.

Sadly I know this will never happen until Jerry is gone and the new owner comes in. Thus until Jerry is gone, we continue to be loyal die-hard fcuked fans due to Jerry's uncaring and stubborn loser approach. Thank you Jerry...may we have another!

• Fire 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/19/2023 at 7:44 AM, FriendlyNorthsider said:

Christina Mena is holding is own in AA (the ERA isnt too pretty but 102 ks in 78IP as a 20 year old is).

They're using sticky stuff in AA still aren't they? his k/9 is likely inflated, heard a few other guys mention this also

7 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

They're using sticky stuff in AA still aren't they? his k/9 is likely inflated, heard a few other guys mention this also

They were using a pre-tacked ball. Believe they reverted back to a normal ball at some point. Regardless, Mena has always struck out a lot of guys. At every stop. He's one of my favorite prospects. Relies so heavily on his breaking stuff though. I imagine he starts out in Charlotte? Hard to discount a guy who is only 20 doing what he's doing. Especially if it continues in AAA.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1