Guardians at White Sox 110 pm GRF

caulfield12

Just now, baseballgalaly said:

They paid 75M for the OF version of Madrigal. 

Yup, just a horrible signing.  I get he’s not a horrible player (yet) but never commit big dollars to very average players.  Still pains me that the Cubs got Bellinger for a one year commitment where we felt compelled to go with the low upside, safe player for five.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You are absolutely correct on that.

Yeah I guess when TA got that home run last night, everything is back to normal. I guess Grifol doesn't think that Benintendi with his .284 BA and .350 OBP isn't that important for the leadoff role, compared to Tim's .245 BA and .286 OBP. Not to mentioned Benintendi leads the team in walks with 36 to Tim's 19 walks. LOL!

Benintendi does not have the power to be a suitable 5th spot hitter.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, just a horrible signing.  I get he’s not a horrible player (yet) but never commit big dollars to very average players.  Still pains me that the Cubs got Bellinger for a one year commitment where we felt compelled to go with the low upside, safe player for five.

Should have spent the Benintendi money on a slugger as GRF is a home run hitter park, and we get outhomered in many games at GRF.  Fortunately, Burger has  closed the gap homers this season.

• Like 1