8/3 Sox @ Rangers, 1PM, NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

It does matter because the results they could have provided would have mattered.  Don’t tell me that if Harper was in right field the last three seasons (or dh after the elbow) that it wouldn’t have changed the entire dynamic of this team, or if they went the extra mile for wheeler or Machado or or or. That s%*# matters 

You would hope so, and no one wanted Harper more than I did.  Would having Harper have kept Yoan and Timmy and others from losing all physical ability?

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

I just had a terrifying thought:  Did the White Sox want Trayce Thompson? I always assumed it was salary swap, but maybe he's someone they want for next year?

I'm sure it was just money.  Get TT's salary off the Dodger books, or you can keep Lynn.

Just now, fathom said:

You would hope so, and no one wanted Harper more than I did.  Would having Harper have kept Yoan and Timmy and others from losing all physical ability?

Yoan I can’t speak to because he is a shell of what we thought,  but up until he hurt himself midway last year Tim was one of the best players in the league.  And we haven’t been talking about the void at short and third since 2020 but the void at second and right field, as well as a lefty bat in the lineup because they were so right heavy.  

They absolutely did not reinforce this team when they should have and every offseason this site said the same thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

You just know Benintendi will hit 3 homers in September and Hahn will proclaim his power problem solved.

Or they’ll shut him down to let his wrist heal more, and they will use that excuse for his limp bat. 

Just now, Timmy U said:

I just don't know how you can look at the lifeless "core" of this team and not blow the entire thing up -- manager, players, front office, development staff.  They are non-competitive to the core.

Yep, there’s really no hope.  They desperately need a new front office that will look at things more realistically.  The fact Vaughn was untouchable is one of the saddest things I’ve heard. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, there’s really no hope.  They desperately need a new front office that will look at things more realistically.  The fact Vaughn was untouchable is one of the saddest things I’ve heard. 

I have a sliver of hope with Hahn's statement on Tuesday:

"You will hear directly what the plan is for the people in charge."

- Rick Hahn 8/1/23

13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I have a sliver of hope with Hahn's statement on Tuesday:

"You will hear directly what the plan is for the people in charge."

- Rick Hahn 8/1/23

I think that clearly meant what the plan is (rebuilding? retooling?) for the people in charge (coaching staff)

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I thought it was a troll tweet when they said they were activating him.   

Luis Robert has a day off. I repeat, Luis Robert has today off. Luis Robert has played in 106 of the White Sox's 109 games so far, after having severe injuries in 3 of his 5 full professional seasons. We are lucky that he hasn't turned to dust yet at this usage rate. 

• Like 2