That's an it's always fun to beat the Yankees, White Sox Winner

wegner

Keep the wins coming White Sox! This has been their best and funest stretch of the season.

Hope they can get Tim to drop the suspension and let him rest his wrist, though he may object because they league will likely drop off a game or two from the suspension.

Really loving seeing the bullpen coming together. They are all pitching to keep MLB jobs this and next season, highly motivated.

bmc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just shocked that Cease has lost control of his pitches this year and is walking guys left and right.

That is what happens when Dylan has a pitching coach and catchers that are clueless. Let's not forget the Rays who picked up Jake Diekman who the Sox said was washed up and DFA'ed. The Rays made some tweaks in his choice of pitches, mechanics and gave him far better catchers. As a result, Diekman left the Sox with a 7.94 ERA, to now lowering his current ERA to 3.96. That's right folks, he has a 2.16 ERA since joining the Rays. 

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That is what happens when Dylan has a pitching coach and catchers that are clueless. Let's not forget the Rays who picked up Jake Diekman who the Sox said was washed up and DFA'ed. The Rays made some tweaks in his choice of pitches, mechanics and gave him far better catchers. As a result, Diekman left the Sox with a 7.94 ERA, to now lowering his current ERA to 3.96. That's right folks, he has a 2.16 ERA since joining the Rays. 

No one is missing the 36 year old Diekman but you should probably use links to reference your points about how they tweaked him.

If the Sox had done the same things the Rays did to fix him he might have done better and been tradable at the deadline instead of a giveaway.

However, the guy came to the Sox at age 35 and if he knew how to pitch before then, he sure didnt show it with the Sox.  His whip was around 2.0 which is extremely high.

Also if what the Rays did to "fix" Diekman worked it sure happened quickly.  Mechanics are not usually something that can be changed that fast. Pitch mix I can understand. Might just be a temporary fix that caught the hitters off guard from his usual mix.

It'll be interesting to see if Diekman is on their playoff roster for the 1st round. He may implode before then.

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The highlight of last night had to be Aaron Boone mimicking Laz Diaz' strike three.

Vaughn actually made a really nice play to end the inning with the bases loaded, but I see your point. I said in the gamethread that if I was Laz, I would have gone full Frank Drebin the rest of the game......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Vaughn actually made a really nice play to end the inning with the bases loaded, but I see your point. I said in the gamethread that if I was Laz, I would have gone full Frank Drebin the rest of the game......

Is Naked Gun the best baseball movie ever? It's a stretch, but I say yes.