8/13 White Sox vs Brewers, 1:10 PM CT

Capn12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

So you trade Bummer and go to either Banks or (likely out for season Crochet) to get out lefties in high leverage?

Grifol will automatically plug them into any situation where there's a LH hitter...in the future.

So do they present better odds of getting an out?

Peralta Davila Fisher Perez at Charlotte?

Likely not.

It's the same reason Shaw is on the active roster. Like it or not he's the best remaining option to get an out unless you're going to Santos for multiple innings every time out.

Gives us a clue as to why  he left Scholtens in too long yesterday.

How pathetic. How neighborly of the Sox to get swept by the Brewers. Team is a disgrace. 0-5 in recent games against neighbor Cubs and Brewers. No pride. No nothing. No accountability. Cut your losses and at least fire Pedro. Please?

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

How pathetic. How neighborly of the Sox to get swept by the Brewers. Team is a disgrace. 0-5 in recent games against neighbor Cubs and Brewers. No pride. No nothing. No accountability. Cut your losses and at least fire Pedro. Please?

Not happening with Pedro but the good news is the Sox laying down and dying to the Brewers kept them in first place and screwed the Cubs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

"Jake Burger is the hero, the Marlins come all the way back" ~ Paul Severino, Marlins pbp guy . i'm probably watching more Marlins baseball than White Sox . i'm not getting any younger, and can wait around for this horrible team to get it's act together.

Sources for important White Sox News:

1. Obituaries
  2. SoxTalk
  3. Chicago Newspaper Sports Sections
  4. Jerry Reinsdorf Owned media outlets
  • Like 1

The Jake Burger trade makes my blood boil.  When will sports owners and GMs understand that you do not trade popular players unless the return is ridiculous. Precedent for that in Chicago is long and storied from Wirtz Sr. trading Bobby Hull to George Halas letting Mike Ditka go to play for the  Cowboys ....and there are more examples including the heresy of the Cubs trading Ron Santo to the White Sox. Stupid sh1t. Obviously  Burger will likely not reach the status of any of those players but in a season where everything sucks, he was a bright light that gave hope and energy to a sh1tty line-up. I don't feel like going to any more games this season and I don't know or care to find out the name of the guy that Hahn got back in return from Miami. Thanks Hahn.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tray said:

The Jake Burger trade makes my blood boil.  When will sports owners and GMs understand that you do not trade popular players unless the return is ridiculous. Precedent for that in Chicago is long and storied from Wirtz Sr. trading Bobby Hull to George Halas letting Mike Ditka go to play for the  Cowboys ....and there are more examples including the heresy of the Cubs trading Ron Santo to the White Sox. Stupid sh1t. Obviously  Burger will likely not reach the status of any of those players but in a season where everything sucks, he was a bright light that gave hope and energy to a sh1tty line-up. I don't feel like going to any more games this season and I don't know or care to find out the name of the guy that Hahn got back in return from Miami. Thanks Hahn.

Just a few points:

Wirtz didn't trade Bobby. Bobby signed a one million dollar deal with Winnipeg of the WHA. Wirtz wouldn't come close to matching that salary figure.

Halas traded Ditka to the Eagles. 

41 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just a few points:

Wirtz didn't trade Bobby. Bobby signed a one million dollar deal with Winnipeg of the WHA. Wirtz wouldn't come close to matching that salary figure.

Halas traded Ditka to the Eagles. 

Minor nit picking there because Ditka was allowed to leave as was Hull....and Mike played for the Cowboys . Neither guy should have been allowed to leave Chicago, and that was my point.

39 minutes ago, tray said:

Minor nit picking there because Ditka was allowed to leave as was Hull....and Mike played for the Cowboys . Neither guy should have been allowed to leave Chicago, and that was my point.

Which White Sox players other than Buehrle and Konerko were able to leave under their own terms the last 20-25 years?

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

The start up WHA signed several stars from the NHL including the Golden Jet

They actually signed over 75 NHL players that first season. I was a big Chicago Cougars fan. 

The WHA deliberately targeted Boston and Chicago because they knew those owners were particularly unwilling to spend money on player salary.