8/16 Games

BamaDoc

2 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Local product DJ Gladney hits a 3 run no doubter to RF. Turner goes back to back with a HR to left. 6-0 Dash, plenty of run support for McCullough who comes back out for the 6th at just 53 pitches.

@South Side Hit Men I watch certain players more closely than others, but since they added MiLB games to MLB.tv, I can just flip between games whenever something interesting is happening. Glad you find it helpful! We definitely have some guys in the system now.

That’s really cool. I saw the $29.99 price, and while the season is near over this year may subscribe next year, despite the fact Jerry gets up to one of the $30 dollars.

I really enjoyed going to games in 2019. The park was empty, could sit downstairs whenever I wanted, and Ricky was making progress with a lot of the core prospects.

Hope we see similar progress in Chicago in 2025, with a new front office and legitimate competitive window in the second half of the decade.

It's going to be a while before we can really judge Quero's game calling and such, but...Nastrini's excellent start was followed up with no baserunners allowed by the pen over 3IP. 15K and 1BB for Barons pitching in all against a solid offensive team.

There were a couple sliders in the dirt that escaped Quero's reach, but he was quick enough to gather them to hold runners. Caught a pair of foul pops.

I know he's supposed to be "bat first," but I'm really not concerned about his ability to defend and stick at C.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Quero is coming from the Angels organization. Say what you will but that org does develop catchers well. Is Mike Scioscia still involved in that org? They also had Josh Paul for a while in the organization too before he moved on.

No, but Jerry Narron returned there this season. Beyond McCann, the Sox actually acquired / played decent catchers beyond DH Grandal during his stint here. Seby made significant defensive improvements while Jerry was here, you had McGwire as well who is a solid defensive catcher.

Sucked that cheap ass Jerry never replaced Narron after he left. He only expanded staff because of Tony. The White Sox need guys like Jerry Narron to develop the talent they acquire.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

15 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That’s really cool. I saw the $29.99 price, and while the season is near over this year may subscribe next year, despite the fact Jerry gets up to one of the $30 dollars.

I really enjoyed going to games in 2019. The park was empty, could sit downstairs whenever I wanted, and Ricky was making progress with a lot of the core prospects.

Hope we see similar progress in Chicago in 2025, with a new front office and legitimate competitive window in the second half of the decade.

If you do the sub through MiLB.com, you can enter in a team nickname in the promo field, (BARONS, KNIGHTS, DODGERS, etc.) and it used to knock like $10 off the sub fee.

Lots of late movement on Nastrini's slider. Looks like he could develop two separate breaking balls out of that, a harder one that rides more and a softer one that dips. more like 12-8 spin.

Like how he pounds the top of the zone with fastballs to left handers. Small sample size, but impressive. 

Edited by Rusty_Kuntz