20 hours ago20 hr 8 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:4 more years. Or 3. Whatever it isIt could be up to 8 more years as Jerry retains the option to sell until 2034.
20 hours ago20 hr 3 minutes ago, 77 Hitmen said:It could be up to 8 more years as Jerry retains the option to sell until 2034.Thought 3-4 was years before Khris Getz rebuild completed and WS capable contender assembled
20 hours ago20 hr 1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:Thought 3-4 was years before Khris Getz rebuild completed and WS capable contender assembledAh, I thought it was how many more years there is a new owner....which could actually be in 3 years.
20 hours ago20 hr As a straight hater of Getz for a long time, dude gets his flowers for this year.His absolutely hideous flaw is falling in love with bad vets. He needs to learn from that next year, especially with the rotation, dear lord.
20 hours ago20 hr 1 minute ago, Quin said:As a straight hater of Getz for a long time, dude gets his flowers for this year.His absolutely hideous flaw is falling in love with bad vets. He needs to learn from that next year, especially with the rotation, dear lord.I’m convinced he didn’t fall in love as much as he’s just biding his time to be aggressive
8 hours ago8 hr I think I finally figured it out. I have that Sopranos feeling. Show went from nothing to blowing up and catching the attention of the world for its surprisingly done craft. It ended up becoming a must see event for even people from the outside. Then when it mattered most it shat itself harder than people even knew was possible and left a skidmark on an otherwise surprisingly good piece of art. The problem is that it becomes impossible to separate the horrifying ending from its body of work, and that's what it becomes known for.
8 hours ago8 hr 16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:I think I finally figured it out. I have that Sopranos feeling. Show went from nothing to blowing up and catching the attention of the world for its surprisingly done craft. It ended up becoming a must see event for even people from the outside. Then when it mattered most it shat itself harder than people even knew was possible and left a skidmark on an otherwise surprisingly good piece of art. The problem is that it becomes impossible to separate the horrifying ending from its body of work, and that's what it becomes known for.Felt more quixotic, like Seinfeld.At least they made history in many ways.And exposed all the flaws that were inevitably going to show up in the ALCS or even WS.Looking at the entire playoff roster, there are so many players with uncertain futures with the Sox, starting with Mune and Colson.Most everyone agrees on Antonacci (but which position?) Vargas and Meidroth being the core ... but that next level of Peters/Doyle and Teel is even feeling a bit shaky. Braden, too.Hopefully, Kyle Teel will be much better if he can have a 100% uninterrupted healthy season. Edited 8 hours ago8 hr by caulfield12
8 hours ago8 hr 19 minutes ago, WestEddy said:nvmno energy left to fight lol?well there's always Dec 2nd when fans can stand with the deca millionaires ORdeca billionaires
7 hours ago7 hr 1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:I think I finally figured it out. I have that Sopranos feeling. Show went from nothing to blowing up and catching the attention of the world for its surprisingly done craft. It ended up becoming a must see event for even people from the outside. Then when it mattered most it shat itself harder than people even knew was possible and left a skidmark on an otherwise surprisingly good piece of art. The problem is that it becomes impossible to separate the horrifying ending from its body of work, and that's what it becomes known for.Great analogy.I can't enjoy the memories of a great season just yet, especially with the abysmal offensive effort last night.Burke deserved better than to get whacked with a playoff loss for his performance.Onward, forward....I'm trying.
6 hours ago6 hr 1 hour ago, wegner said:Great analogy.I can't enjoy the memories of a great season just yet, especially with the abysmal offensive effort last night.Burke deserved better than to get whacked with a playoff loss for his performance.Onward, forward....I'm trying.White Sox were something like 8-1 or 9-1 in his last string of appearances.He's definitely earned a lot of respect now from around the baseball world...that recent Athletic/NY Times article, for example.
5 hours ago5 hr 34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:White Sox were something like 8-1 or 9-1 in his last string of appearances.He's definitely earned a lot of respect now from around the baseball world...that recent Athletic/NY Times article, for example.He just needs to have some..... fun...... this off season
1 hour ago1 hr Blame for this playoff flame out falls squarely on Mike Vasil. What the hell, man, are you a freaking wizard or not? DFA his ass back to Hogwarts.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.