Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

18 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I hope JR notices how well the northside team is doing and I hope it hurts his pride, if he has any left!

From as far back as when they bought the team in 1981, the philosophy towards the Cubs was best expressed by Eddie Einhorn, "We're Chicago's American League team..."

They never grasped the fact that the Cubs are their competition. They've always had the mindset 'we only care how we are doing.'

Very big mistake.

The only time someone in the organization took on the Cubs was Brooks Boyer's brilliant ad campaigns "Us vs. Them" and when someone put up the billboard across the street from Wrigley Field that said, "Real baseball played 8.1 miles south..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

From as far back as when they bought the team in 1981, the philosophy towards the Cubs was best expressed by Eddie Einhorn, "We're Chicago's American League team..."

They never grasped the fact that the Cubs are their competition. They've always had the mindset 'we only care how we are doing.'

Very big mistake.

The only time someone in the organization took on the Cubs was Brooks Boyer's brilliant ad campaigns "Us vs. Them" and when someone put up the billboard across the street from Wrigley Field that said, "Real baseball played 8.1 miles south..."

I kinda wish I could believe the bolded, I'm pretty sure they stopped caring about that several years ago too. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Very big mistake.

The sign came down when the Cubs complained so don't make a federal case out of it.  Besides, the south side allows billboards too (other than Lerner and Rowe), so they were just asking for trouble.

1 hour ago, ThirdGen said:

Seems to me that telling over 50% of the market to go screw yourselves, we don't want your business, isn't exactly a genius move either.

I never understood that attitude (we're Chicago's American League team) either given the fact that both JR and EE spent a number of years in Chicago first off at Northwestern Law school (Einhorn was actually a vendor at Comiskey Park in the 1950's). They HAD to know that Sox fans were never going to root for the Cubs and Cub fans weren't going to root for the Sox. 

If you wanted to take control of the market you had to be aggressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They HAD to know that Sox fans were never going to root for the Cubs and Cub fans weren't going to root for the Sox. 

This is not accurate for a good portion of the general public, which both teams are trying to reach. I agree most avid fans including fans involved enough to be on a message board pick one or the other exclusive over the other Chicago team and 28 other teams.

I liked both teams as a child, had family members in both camps, went to games at both parks. Shifted 100% Sox in 1977 after taking s%*# from my mostly NW side Cub fan friends and classmates. If I lived in the Suburbs or other City area with more of a mix, I still may have wanted both to win, but Sox primary. 

The money grab drunken douchebag filled interleague games, and society in general has become more coarse over the past 45 years leading to greater hatred. Never wanted the Cubs to win the WS, but once they did could give a rats ass what they do unless the Sox meet them in the WS again. Hopefully Jerry and Manfred won't f*** that up by obliterating the 120 year American League / National League setup with yet another money grab to have more douchebag drunken Sox vs. Cubs games on the schedule. It's already four games too many.

Jerry and most MLB owners run the sport like tobacco company executives. Drain your core fans until they die, don't invest amount in growing fans, screw fans over every chance possible. The city and attendance was basically 50/50 until Jerry bought the team, alienated a good portion Chicagoans with PPV and threatening to move, and now the town is 2/3 vs. 1/3 Cubs. The Cubs didn't do much beyond air games on WGN and not be total assholes, but that was enough to claim 20% more fans here over Jerry's 43 years.

A decent human being with marketing sense could reverse this trend, but it's going to take a generation of solid effort to bring the split closer to 50/50. No Reinsdorf has it in them to accomplish this. The team needs a Reinsdorf Family Enema cleansing of the ownership box with a new forward thinking owner to reset the overall fan experience and to bring a legitimate contending team on the field fans can support. Air a solid number of games on free TV (English / Spanish) to reverse further erosion of fan interest and instead grow fan interest in the White Sox specifically, and baseball in general. Market tickets in schools like Veeck did, many free ticket options for perfect attendance and A/B grades. Accept cash at the ticket and concession booths, and don't look like WalMart or Target with your 99 cent pricing as if a hot dog was as much of a decision as a car.

Chris Getz, Pedro Grifol and the team are ready to kick ass at 7:10 PM. Come join all your favorites plus exciting new players Salvador Perez, Zach Greinke and Brad Keller.

Great seats are available! Buy your 2024 White Sox Season Tickets today and lock in your chance at Playoff and World Series Tickets!

On 9/6/2023 at 6:15 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

I never understood that attitude (we're Chicago's American League team) either given the fact that both JR and EE spent a number of years in Chicago first off at Northwestern Law school (Einhorn was actually a vendor at Comiskey Park in the 1950's). They HAD to know that Sox fans were never going to root for the Cubs and Cub fans weren't going to root for the Sox. 

In the late 50's early 60's there was only one team that mattered. 

Brooks Boyer's commercial was brilliant. For the first time, it demonstrated that someone in the organization understood Sox fans. 

In politics, you have to win your core voters first. Then you can reach out to others. The commercial rallied the Sox faithful and that was sorely needed. Yes, cub fans and the Chicago sports media cried like babies, but so what? Like Lip said, you have to be aggressive. 

Things are at a bigger low now. The team is losing some of its most loyal fans. They need to do something creative. The same old nonsense is not going to work. It's time to reach out to your base while there is a base left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highland said:

Brooks Boyer's commercial was brilliant. For the first time, it demonstrated that someone in the organization understood Sox fans. 

In politics, you have to win your core voters first. Then you can reach out to others. The commercial rallied the Sox faithful and that was sorely needed. Yes, cub fans and the Chicago sports media cried like babies, but so what? Like Lip said, you have to be aggressive. 

Things are at a bigger low now. The team is losing some of its most loyal fans. They need to do something creative. The same old nonsense is not going to work. It's time to reach out to your base while there is a base left.

From my interview with Brooks:

ML: One of the first campaign’s you unveiled was the very successful “Us vs. Them” one. Take me through the process of how an ad campaign for the Sox is born. 

BB: “We wanted to be more aggressive in our marketing. That’s my style. I’d rather make errors of commission then of omission. I knew we were, say the Pepsi to Coke in Chicago, the Avis to Hertz. I felt the White Sox and their fans had nothing to be ashamed of and I wanted to emphasize the things that made White Sox fans unique and proud.”  

“Today we are still fighting the stereotypes that have surrounded the organization…oh the neighborhood’s not safe, the ballpark is sterile…the best way to fight that is to attack and that resonates with our fans. Also remember I started my career here the same time Ozzie Guillen did. How can you not get caught up in his passion, his love for the White Sox?”

ML: Talk to me specifically about “Us vs. Them.” What were you trying to achieve? As mentioned, Sox fans loved it, Cub fans and some of the media hated it. 

BB: “It’s about us, about White Sox fans, about ‘Sox Pride.’ I didn’t want fans wondering or worrying about who ‘we’ were. We wanted our fans to know that we knew who we were. We had a lot of fun with it and it helped break down those stereotypes we talked about earlier. Fans took pride in it, they came out to the ballpark, they saw it was a beautiful place to watch a game from.” 

• Thanks 1

Trying real hard to remember a scenario White Sox Fans weren't considered "them" in the eyes of Jerry and his minion's "Us", and that includes Boyer.

Treats fans like rubes. We don't have to look for anyone else, Robin, Tony, Getz are our guys. Pedro will return. They are the best available, I don't need to interview anybody else. Tony and Getz know it all, Getz better than Kenny and Rick combined.

"Chris is the only person in 43 years to develop minor league players the right way, the way I wanted."

- Jerry Reinsdorf August 31, 2023

Hard to be passionate for an organization that dumps and trashes many players and contributors that care greatly and were top contributors. Fisk, Thomas, Hawk, Ricky, Jose.

"“Allen had kind of a checkered career, I wouldn’t have voted for him, he only had 6 good seasons.”

- Jerry Reinsdorf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

"Chris is the only person in 43 years to develop minor league players the right way, the way I wanted."

- Jerry Reinsdorf August 31, 2023

Hard to be passionate for an organization that dumps and trashes many players and contributors that care greatly and were top contributors. Fisk, Thomas, Hawk, Ricky, Jose.

"“Allen had kind of a checkered career, I wouldn’t have voted for him, he only had 6 good seasons.”

- Jerry Reinsdorf

Says a lot for the owner that it took him 43 years to find the one guy who did the job right, huh?

And who is Allen?

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Do you understand why JR didn't want him getting in the HOF? Is that claim a myth?

Because Dick didn’t kiss Reinsdorf ass or anyone else’s ass for decades like Harold Baines or other assembled members of Jerry’s Crony Wack Pack.

Dick Allen’s 7th - 12th best seasons were almost as good as Baines 6 best seasons.

Jerry needs to be banned from the HOF, and Selig should be booted for their roles in canceling the lone World Series in MLB history, not to mention various collusion seasons, steroids coverup and other actions against the integrity of MLB.