8/31 Games

BamaDoc

Nastrini has allowed just 1 walk and 1 hit, but they cost him. A grounder down the 1B got past Perez into the corner, allowing the walk to score. They were slow getting the ball back in and indecisive with the cutoff, so the runner got to 3rd and then scored on a sac fly.

Another groundball snuck down the 3B line for a hit in the 5th, but was stranded. 8Ks through 5IP, the changeup looks very effective.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin

6IP, 2ER, 2H, 2BB, 9K for Nastrini. Probably should have been 1 run, honestly.

Velo started to dip a bit at the end, but still averaged 94. Changeup seems like a solid swing and miss pitch. Mixed in a few cutters, sliders, and curves.

Statcast Report

Deivi Garcia on in relief. He strikes out the side. 14 pitches, 8 whiffs.

Leasure walked 1, but also got 3K's in his inning.

Knights outhit the opposition but can't come through with one when they need it, so they lose 2-1 despite absolutely stellar pitching (2H, 3BB, 15K).

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 1

Kanny wins Game 2 with a 2-1 walkoff. I'm pretty sure these teams have scored like 10 runs total in 3 games.

Shane Murphy adds another good start to the list for the org today, 5IP, 1ER, 2H, 1BB, 6K.

Bush maybe could have completed the collection, but the Barons seem a bit checked out tonight. Spotty defense has been giving bases away and the bats are doing nothing.

Just now, Autumn Dreamin said:

Kanny wins Game 2 with a 2-1 walkoff. I'm pretty sure these teams have scored like 10 runs total in 3 games.

Shane Murphy adds another good start to the list for the org today, 5IP, 1ER, 2H, 1BB, 6K.

Bush maybe could have completed the collection, but the Barons seem a bit checked out tonight. Spotty defense has been giving bases away and the bats are doing nothing.

Yeah, from what I saw I thought he deserved a better fate. The stuff certainly plays.  The results aren't much better, but he seems closer to his best self than Eder is right now.

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yeah, from what I saw I thought he deserved a better fate. The stuff certainly plays.  The results aren't much better, but he seems closer to his best self than Eder is right now.

Definitely looked better than the line shows. 

One of the runs took both a (probable) missed call on a tag at third and Colson bobbling the following would-be DP ball to score. Colson also missed the hop on a bouncer that should have ended the 5th, and that runner ended up scoring. 

Seems like Mason Adams should be getting his AA debut tomorrow, then Eder and Cannon to finish the series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Definitely looked better than the line shows. 

One of the runs took both a (probable) missed call on a tag at third and Colson bobbling the following would-be DP ball to score. Colson also missed the hop on a bouncer that should have ended the 5th, and that runner ended up scoring. 

Seems like Mason Adams should be getting his AA debut tomorrow, then Eder and Cannon to finish the series.

I really hope Colson can stick at SS