Saturday night baseball gamethread...anyone?? Detroit @ Sox

wegner

16 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Just checked the score. It's a good thing Pedro's job is safe. He's truly changing the culture and getting the best out of everyone. 

This team quit after the 10 game losing streak back in April. Grifol lost the team at that point. 
Getz could talk to me until I’m blue in the face and tell me that Grifol is the right guy to manage the Sox and he will get one hell of a fight from me and probably 99% of Sox fans. The man doesn’t have a clue and has no business managing a MLB team. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, flavum said:

9-17 for a 100 loss season. But the new GM is bringing back Grifol. Makes sense.

It’s not Grifol fault…he’s a first year manager.  Give him a few seasons to figure this s%*# out.  If we’re still losing a 100 games a season come 2025, then maybe you let him go.  Until then everybody should get wayyyyyyyyyyy off his back.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s not Grifol fault…he’s a first year manager.  Give him a few seasons to figure this s%*# out.  If we’re still losing a 100 games a season come 2025, then maybe you let him go.  Until then everybody should get wayyyyyyyyyyy off his back.

Finally someone around here that makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He's a symptom of the disease. I don't give a s%*# that he's a first year manager. He was hired to manage a supposed CONTENDER. I also don't give a s%*# that he might figure it out in a few seasons. It's just more prototypical White Sox BULLSHIT. He never should have been hired.

You also don't need a few seasons to see he has no leadership ability, and none of the players respect him. NOTHING has changed for the positive with this team since he was hired. He has only gotten worse.

I'm glad Detroit is embarrassing them. They deserve it.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Don't you worry though. Said GM talked to the boys yesterday before the game. It really has paid dividends in the 2 games since! What an inspiration

"Losing is a disease....ah but curable."

getzy.jpg

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

He's a symptom of the disease. I don't give a s%*# that he's a first year manager. He was hired to manage a supposed CONTENDER. I also don't give a s%*# that he might figure it out in a few seasons. It's just more prototypical White Sox BULLSHIT. He never should have been hired.

You also don't need a few seasons to see he has no leadership ability, and none of the players respect him. NOTHING has changed for the positive with this team since he was hired. He has only gotten worse.

I'm glad Detroit is embarrassing them. They deserve it.

Pedro didn’t build the roster though.  And he’s not up there swinging the bat or throwing the pitches.  He’s been telling the players exactly what they should be doing…it’s not his fault they don’t listen.  Once we trade for Salvy, Pedro will have his enforcer in the clubhouse and players won’t have a choice but listen or risk a verbal beat-down from Salvy.  Just need to be a bit more patient here brother.

• Haha 3
  • TLR 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Pedro didn’t build the roster though.  And he’s not up there swinging the bat or throwing the pitches.  He’s been telling the players exactly what they should be doing…it’s not his fault they don’t listen.  Once we trade for Salvy, Pedro will have his enforcer in the clubhouse and players won’t have a choice but listen or risk a verbal beat-down from Salvy.  Just need to be a bit more patient here brother.

He's the one responsible for the overall approach. The team identity. He's the one responsible for holding players accountable. Establishing the culture and work ethic. Putting players in the best position to succeed. 

I call bullshit. He's a terrible manager, and I bet he's out of managing in the MLB as soon as he's fired by the Sox.

Edit: Asking a White Sox fan to "be a bit more patient" is fucking hilarious. We have been patient with this disgraceful organization for almost 20 years. They can shove patience up their ass.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He's the one responsible for the overall approach. The team identity. He's the one responsible for holding players accountable. Establishing the culture and work ethic. Putting players in the best position to succeed. 

I call bullshit. He's a terrible manager, and I bet he's out of managing in the MLB as soon as he's fired by the Sox.

Edit: Asking a White Sox fan to "be a bit more patient" is fucking hilarious. We have been patient with this disgraceful organization for almost 20 years. They can shove patience up their ass.

Brother - I am simply fucking with you.  Pedro is the biggest embarrassment of the season and that’s really saying something.  Getz retaining him is a major red flag to his credibility.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Brother - I am simply fucking with you.  Pedro is the biggest embarrassment of the season and that’s really saying something.  Getz retaining him is a major red flag to his credibility.

Hard to tell sometimes. I don't pay much attention to individual poster history. But you got some good rants out of it. Lol

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, Getz might not have a choice. But if true that also speaks to him taking a job he’s not qualified for knowing his power is limited at best and his hands will be tied on most things. 

• Like 1