Saturday night baseball gamethread...anyone?? Detroit @ Sox

wegner

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Speaking of Getz, what happened to Gordon Beckham? Not that I'm complaining but I haven’t seen him in awhile.

Isn’t he still the main White Sox fill in for days when Stone misses? And the likely candidate to replace Benetti in like 2 seasons?

Way to ruin the summer White Sox. Team has no talent and no pride. And they get rid 1 of the only 2 players who coulda made September interesting in following their HR totals. Burger probably got traded cause the Sox were embarrassed about their decision to move him to 2B and knew he'd be butchering that position while their guy, Moncada, enjoyed no competition at 3B.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Isn’t he still the main White Sox fill in for days when Stone misses? And the likely candidate to replace Benetti in like 2 seasons?

It seems to have been Mike Huff filling in lately. Of course I'm not catching all the games. I just haven't seen Beckham in awhile.

56 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Way to ruin the summer White Sox. Team has no talent and no pride. And they get rid 1 of the only 2 players who coulda made September interesting in following their HR totals. Burger probably got traded cause the Sox were embarrassed about their decision to move him to 2B and knew he'd be butchering that position while their guy, Moncada, enjoyed no competition at 3B.

Burger hit two home runs tonight for the Marlins, hitting 3 rd and reaching 30 homers.  One of the worst Hahn/Williams trades and a farewell middle finger to Sox fans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Gordon has no cred to do play by play it is a special skill. He has been working the sausage grill semi cromulently. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

This team quit after the 10 game losing streak back in April. Grifol lost the team at that point. 
Getz could talk to me until I’m blue in the face and tell me that Grifol is the right guy to manage the Sox and he will get one hell of a fight from me and probably 99% of Sox fans. The man doesn’t have a clue and has no business managing a MLB team. 

The 10 game streak was a sign to me that he'd already lost them.  Fast worker.

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Beckham does color. Benetti does pxp. I have no clue who will replace Benetti down the road but it does seem inevitable

7 hours ago, hankchifan said:

It was a horrible game tonight.  Terrible baseball fundamentals.  I can’t believe that JR/Getz want to bring Grifol back for next season after this s%*# show of a season.

Pedro showed some fake discipline. Benched the rookie because he did run out a pop up. The kid obviously thought he fouled it off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Len came to the Sox to do radio (mostly radio anyway). I think if they tried to put him on tv full time he'd leave

Wasn't that because he wanted to do playoff games on the radio? That ain't happening for awhile around here.