9/8 4th Place .338 Sox at 3rd Place .453 Tigers

Texsox

Death isn't an option. The games will be played. TV 🤑 will be earned.

It's the Subway* Sub 500 Series. 

Imagine instead of this game being played teams this bad where sent home and good teams started a second season. It would make beating better teams in September more meaningful than who did a better job of beating on the Sox, Tigers, Royals, A's etc. in the summer. 

*Featuring the Veggie Delight because there is no meat in these lineups. 

25 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Death isn't an option. The games will be played. TV 🤑 will be earned.

It's the Subway* Sub 500 Series. 

Imagine instead of this game being played teams this bad where sent home and good teams started a second season. It would make beating better teams in September more meaningful than who did a better job of beating on the Sox, Tigers, Royals, A's etc. in the summer. 

*Featuring the Veggie Delight because there is no meat in these lineups. 

Tigers 28-15 against Central

White Sox 20-22

Tale of the Tape:

Ownership: Both Suck. Chris Illitch brought payroll from Top 5 (2012-2017) under father to Bottom 10-12 ($197M 2017; $80M-$135M since). Jerry is worse, but hopefully Jerry’s tenure is shorter and his children do not take over.

Front Office: Detroit. Scott Harris hired in 2022 from San Francisco. Jerry hired the guy he likes to watch games with, has no credentials or experience. All stated knowledge comes from sitting with Pedro and running a failed player development program.

Manager: Detroit. Reinsdorf blocked Hinch, hired DUI guy. Keeping Pedro Grifol because cheap and baseball stupid.

Team: Detroit. Detroit holds a 9 1/2 game lead in the standings, 4-6 lead in the season series. Sox need a series sweep to win the season series. 

Pizza: Chicago!

• Tavern Cut > Detroit Style
  • Anywhere > Little Caesars

White Sox Season Series Won or Possible Series Wins:

(Remaining Games, Required Minimal Record)

• Arizona 0-0 (3 home 2-1)
  • Atlanta 2-1
  • Boston 2-1 (3 away 2-1)
  • Cincinnati 2-1
  • Cleveland 8-5
  • Detroit 4-6 (3 away 3-0)
  • Kansas City 5-5 (3 home 2-1)
  • Minnesota 3-6 (4 home 4-0)
  • New York Yankees 4-2
  • San Diego 0-0 (3 home 2-1)
  • Washington 0-0 (3 away 2-1)
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

1. Thank you for listing Tavern Cut as the representative Chicago pizza.

2. If you haven't already, please consider Buddy's Pizza before judging. Or Grandma Bob's (in Corktown near old Tiger Stadium).

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

Detroit pizza is so damn good. The main reason I give tavern style the victory is that Detroit style is a "mood" kinda thing. Can't eat it all the time because it's so dense and cheesy - like deep dish & stuffed.

Detroit style is also my favorite style to make. Got a special pan for it and everything.

Edited by almagest
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tale of the Tape:

Ownership: Both Suck. Chris Illitch brought payroll from Top 5 (2012-2017) under father to Bottom 10-12 ($197M 2017; $80M-$135M since). Jerry is worse, but hopefully Jerry’s tenure is shorter and his children do not take over.

Front Office: Detroit. Scott Harris hired in 2022 from San Francisco. Jerry hired the guy he likes to watch games with, has no credentials or experience. All stated knowledge comes from sitting with Pedro and running a failed player development program.

Manager: Detroit. Reinsdorf blocked Hinch, hired DUI guy. Keeping Pedro Grifol because cheap and baseball stupid.

Team: Detroit. Detroit holds a 9 1/2 game lead in the standings, 4-6 lead in the season series. Sox need a series sweep to win the season series. 

White Sox Season Series Won or Possible Series Wins:

(Remaining Games, Required Minimal Record)

• Arizona 0-0 (3 home 2-1)
  • Atlanta 2-1
  • Boston 2-1 (3 away 2-1)
  • Cincinnati 2-1
  • Cleveland 8-5
  • Detroit 4-6 (3 away 3-0)
  • Kansas City 5-5 (3 home 2-1)
  • Minnesota 3-6 (4 home 4-0)
  • New York Yankees 4-2
  • San Diego 0-0 (3 home 2-1)
  • Washington 0-0 (3 away 2-1)

You ever have pizza in the Boston area? Garbage. I’ll take Little Caesar’s over that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

You ever have pizza in the Boston area? Garbage. I’ll take Little Caesar’s over that.

I like New Haven style. Also the rhode island clam pizzas.

I actually think truth be told I love all pizzas. Have extremely strong feelings once we enter frozen pizzas, where there is HRI and then you are better off getting $1 pizzas than any of the trash above it. But whether its detroit, tavern style, deep dish, new york, new haven, neopolitan, brazilian, japanese....i've loved it all. Didn't put down st louis, but its good. It's just definitely ranking at the bottom for me personally.

I also think Illitch is probably fine, just took over at a weird time and then was too deferential to starting with his fathers last hire (right?). New group seems good. He still splurged on Erod/Baez when they thought they were about to pop.

edit : i spelled japanese with a z for some reason.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I actually think truth be told I love all pizzas. Have extremely strong feelings once we enter frozen pizzas, where there is HRI and then you are better off getting $1 pizzas than any of the trash above it. But whether its detroit, tavern style, deep dish, new york, new haven, neopolitan, brazilian, japanese....i've loved it all. Didn't put down st louis, but its good. It's just definitely ranking at the bottom for me personally.

I also think Illitch is probably fine, just took over at a weird time and then was too deferential to starting with his fathers last hire (right?). New group seems good. He still splurged on Erod/Baez when they thought they were about to pop.

Home Run Inn is the king of frozen pizzas and no one else is close. So glad I can still get it in Florida.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, almagest said:

Detroit pizza is so damn good. The main reason I give tavern style the victory is that Detroit style is a "mood" kinda thing. Can't eat it all the time because it's so dense and cheesy - like deep dish & stuffed.

Detroit style is also my favorite style to make. Got a special pan for it and everything.

Detroit style is great. We're doing a college reunion out here next weekend and my buddy from detroit has promised to make his home made detroit style pizza from scratch for us drunks. Can't fucking wait. It's the best of deep dish but with the crispness of a good NYC style.

2 hours ago, almagest said:

Home Run Inn is the king of frozen pizzas and no one else is close. So glad I can still get it in Florida.

HRI is very good, but I typically pick up V & N II, which is probably not available in Florida.

Its associated with the one in Hickory Hills, not the Chicago one on Pulaski.

I like the sauce on these the best, crust is good, cheese & toppings meh but works in a pinch.

https://vitoandnicksiifrozenpizza.com

4 hours ago, almagest said:

Fair enough.

Personally Vito & Nick's on Pulaski is my favorite non-Neapolitan pizza in the world.

I just wanted to make sure Detroit wasn't being punished for giving the world Little Caesar's. I can't even call that s%*# "pizza."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

HRI is very good, but I typically pick up V & N II, which is probably not available in Florida.

Its associated with the one in Hickory Hills, not the Chicago one on Pulaski.

I like the sauce on these the best, crust is good, cheese & toppings meh but works in a pinch.

https://vitoandnicksiifrozenpizza.com

Can't remember if I tried Vito & Nicks frozen or not. Don't remember ever seeing it. Grew up in Oak Lawn though so we would go to the one on Pulaski a lot.

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Fair enough.

Personally Vito & Nick's on Pulaski is my favorite non-Neapolitan pizza in the world.

I just wanted to make sure Detroit wasn't being punished for giving the world Little Caesar's. I can't even call that s%*# "pizza."

Little Caesar's is trash, but its still better than most frozen pizzas and it's cheaper too.

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Little Caesar's is trash, but its still better than most frozen pizzas and it's cheaper too.

Most.

Kind of like how the Sox are trash, but they're still better than most minor league teams. They're more expensive, though.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bmags said:

Truth be told, I’ve never turned away any pizza. The worst pizza I’ve ever had was still edible.

As for frozen pizzas, just gimme a Jack’s. Not as filling as I’d like, but still my favorite.

If you guys are close to the park (though probably not at a game), gotta get yourselves a Phil’s. Make sure it’s well done. I’d strongly suggest beef and bacon, or beef and sausage. Get giardiniera on both.

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Truth be told, I’ve never turned away any pizza. The worst pizza I’ve ever had was still edible.

As for frozen pizzas, just gimme a Jack’s. Not as filling as I’d like, but still my favorite.

If you guys are close to the park (though probably not at a game), gotta get yourselves a Phil’s. Make sure it’s well done. I’d strongly suggest beef and bacon, or beef and sausage. Get giardiniera on both.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/barstools-dave-portnoy-speaks-out-about-dragon-pizza-feud-its-like-living-in-a-bizarre-world/3130297/

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

Smart bettors bet the house on Detroit to win each game. Tigers smashed the Sox at GRate. Sox will sleepwalk. Sox pitching is really awful right now. Not a good park for hitters and Sox as we know can't hit.

Because the Sox have checked it in, bet Detroit each game. Ka-ching goes the cash register.

we all know both teams suck, but I'll take there manager any day over Pedro. everybody was yelling at me when i said hire Bochy. The majority said he's old, we need someone younger and even a latino to relate. JR sucks, Getz is k=just a younger Hahn. JR has to sell the team. 

Pizza wise: best thin crust is Colletti's, Elston and Central.

Best Pan is Pequods Morton Grove or Chicago

Best real Italian or what we call Napoli Pizza (where pizza was invented) Spoca Napoli in Ravenswood on Sunnyside, well worth the trip

35 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

we all know both teams suck, but I'll take there manager any day over Pedro. everybody was yelling at me when i said hire Bochy. The majority said he's old, we need someone younger and even a latino to relate. JR sucks, Getz is k=just a younger Hahn. JR has to sell the team. 

Pizza wise: best thin crust is Colletti's, Elston and Central.

Best Pan is Pequods Morton Grove or Chicago

Best real Italian or what we call Napoli Pizza (where pizza was invented) Spoca Napoli in Ravenswood on Sunnyside, well worth the trip

The Rangers are really struggling down the stretch here in the face of the Mariners/Astros onslaught but hard not to consider this season to be successful overall considering the 2022 record.

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The Rangers are really struggling down the stretch here in the face of the Mariners/Astros onslaught but hard not to consider this season to be successful overall considering the 2022 record.

It's that new ballpark and the extra revenue.