The I Don't See a Game Thread in the 7th Inning of a Game Game Thread Sox v. Twins

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Almost impossible to fathom at the start of a year a situation where KW and Hahn would both be gone...but the result with Getz and Grifol returning is pretty much DAMPENING spirits of the majority of the fanbase.   Still have two weeks left after this and the interest level is pretty much at an all time low except for going for the 100 loss mark lowlight.

In fact, it's pretty hard to identify more than a couple of posters who adamantly argued for either of those two guys as GM or 2024 field manager.

I miss the LaRussa stans here who wanted to meet for a we love Tony picnic.....I've also had a few beers so I may have dreamed that up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They would have lost anyway, but Pedro managed horribly again tonight.left Urena in too long, didn't have a reliever ready, and let them blow the game open

He has no strengths as a manager. I really thing they are keeping him around because they don't want to keep paying multiple managers and they know they will suck next year. Just remember where you heard it first, when Pedro is the scapegoat next yeat.This year, I think some coaches will be given the pink slip.

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Almost impossible to fathom at the start of a year a situation where KW and Hahn would both be gone...but the result with Getz and Grifol returning is pretty much DAMPENING spirits of the majority of the fanbase.   Still have two weeks left after this and the interest level is pretty much at an all time low except for going for the 100 loss mark lowlight.

In fact, it's pretty hard to identify more than a couple of posters who adamantly argued for either of those two guys as GM or 2024 field manager.

I’m pretty proud of the fan base right now. I can’t remember a time when everyone was on the same page with regards to the present and future of the team.

Vaughn with 20 hrs and 75 RBIs. Not too shabby considering he tries to hit it out every time up. I'd keep him I guess.

I heard an interview with Grifol on sirius today. He was implying heavily all the bad blood has already been traded and the team would excel next year. Dunno about that. Still got TA and Moncada to get rid of in that regard I'd think. At least it seems that way.

I've never seen a team mismanage a roster's pitching staff this way. I guess the Sox thought with Lynn and Gio and Kopech and Clevenger we had a stellar rotation. That did not work out. Sox couldn't find a lefty or two to throw in there. I have no idea how they are going to build a pitching staff with no money to spend. A team with this staff is not gonna win more than 52 games folks. More like 50.

White Sox lose another season series tonight, now down 3-7 with 3 games remaining against the Twins.

The Sox have four series wins YTD, with another four possible (Arizona, Boston, San Diego and Washington). Four will be the worst across MLB. They have lost to the three teams with the worst records in MLB.

• Colorado (Won Nine: Boston, Chicago A. L., Cleveland, Kansas City, Los Angeles A. L., Miami, Milwaukee, New York N. L., New York A. L., Possible 3: Chicago N. L. 2-1 (3); Minnesota 0-0 (3); San Diego 4-6 (3))
  • Oakland (Won Six: Atlanta, Chicago A. L., Colorado, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh,  Possible 3: Detroit 2-1 (4); Los Angeles A. L. 5-5 (3); San Diego 0-0 (3))
  • Kansas City (Won Five: Chicago A. L., Los Angeles N. L., New York N. L., San Diego, San Francisco. Possible 1: Houston 0-0 (6))
  • White Sox (Won Four: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New York Yankees. Possible 4: Arizona 0-0 (3); Boston 2-1 (3); San Diego 0-0 (3); Washington 0-0 (3))

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You're trying to figure out how to get starting pitching. Urena gave you 6 strong. Why leave him in? All you can do at that point is destroy what he accomplished in 6 and let him take the ball in another 5 days with some confidence. Suck is here to stay but do you really think some of these AAA/AAAA BP arms are going to be around ?

That's what minor league managers do to A ball players to let the work out of it.

Unfortunately this clueless organization is going to ruin any potential in young players.

Lee needed more time in AAA after being injured.  They probably already have him ruined.

Plus younger players are exposed to coaches who couldn't work anywhere else.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Vaughn with 20 hrs and 75 RBIs. Not too shabby considering he tries to hit it out every time up. I'd keep him I guess.

I heard an interview with Grifol on sirius today. He was implying heavily all the bad blood has already been traded and the team would excel next year. Dunno about that. Still got TA and Moncada to get rid of in that regard I'd think. At least it seems that way.

I've never seen a team mismanage a roster's pitching staff this way. I guess the Sox thought with Lynn and Gio and Kopech and Clevenger we had a stellar rotation. That did not work out. Sox couldn't find a lefty or two to throw in there. I have no idea how they are going to build a pitching staff with no money to spend. A team with this staff is not gonna win more than 52 games folks. More like 50.

Political debates have more honesty than that.  It's obvious players don't care to play for Grifol and the coaches.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox lose another season series tonight, now down 3-7 with 3 games remaining against the Twins.

The Sox have four series wins YTD, with another four possible (Arizona, Boston, San Diego and Washington). Four will be the worst across MLB. They have lost to the three teams with the worst records in MLB.

• Colorado (Won Nine: Boston, Chicago A. L., Cleveland, Kansas City, Los Angeles A. L., Miami, Milwaukee, New York N. L., New York A. L., Possible 3: Chicago N. L. 2-1 (3); Minnesota 0-0 (3); San Diego 4-6 (3))
  • Oakland (Won Six: Atlanta, Chicago A. L., Colorado, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh,  Possible 3: Detroit 2-1 (4); Los Angeles A. L. 5-5 (3); San Diego 0-0 (3))
  • Kansas City (Won Five: Chicago A. L., Los Angeles N. L., New York N. L., San Diego, San Francisco. Possible 1: Houston 0-0 (6))
  • White Sox (Won Four: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New York Yankees. Possible 4: Arizona 0-0 (3); Boston 2-1 (3); San Diego 0-0 (3); Washington 0-0 (3))

SSHM, I appreciate your statistical posts and the hard work that goes into them.  Thanks.  Seriously.

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Political debates have more honesty than that.  It's obvious players don't care to play for Grifol and the coaches.

They keep trumpeting the idea that the bad vibes in the clubhouse have been traded.  While that could be true, I wonder if they will ever address the fact that this offense is not at all close to being a real offense. 

Grifol couldn't wait to get Anderson back into the leadoff spot.  He is such a moron.

10 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’m pretty proud of the fan base right now. I can’t remember a time when everyone was on the same page with regards to the present and future of the team.

Ha. I was thinking the same recently. The harmony has been surprisingly cathartic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highland said:

The Sox have had more than a few bad seasons during the last 50+ years, but this is the worst. And I wonder what is really bad. Is it the horrible play on the field or the talking heads trying to tell us everything will be just fine? How deep does the denial run?

Who’s really telling us everything will be fine? Other than the FO, it seems that even the broadcasters (pregame and postgame) are down on the team.