The I Don't See a Game Thread in the 7th Inning of a Game Game Thread Sox v. Twins

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why leave Urena in to start the 7th ? Take the ball after 6 and say fine job Jose ! Petey Grifol blows ! So what if the relievers suck .Half them won't be here next year. Urena could be .

SO now instead of giving up 2 runs in 6 innings  Urena has now given up 6 runs in 6.1 inning .

Or really?  There's every indication suck is here to stay.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Or really?  There's every indication suck is here to stay.  

You're trying to figure out how to get starting pitching. Urena gave you 6 strong. Why leave him in? All you can do at that point is destroy what he accomplished in 6 and let him take the ball in another 5 days with some confidence. Suck is here to stay but do you really think some of these AAA/AAAA BP arms are going to be around ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You're trying to figure out how to get starting pitching. Urena gave you 6 strong. Why leave him in? All you can do at that point is destroy what he accomplished in 6 and let him take the ball in another 5 days with some confidence. Suck is here to stay but do you really think some of these AAA/AAAA BP arms are going to be around ?

Pedro might be one of the few Sox baseball operations employees less qualified for his particular job than Chris Getz is. While an 100 plus loss season will be cromulent this season, if no significant personnel / organizational changes are made, I really hope they lose 120 plus games each future season until jerry is no longer owner. It's his mess, let him wallow in it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Read where Eloy has grounded out 8 straight times. 

ANd yet he refuses to do anything with that stance. I think he's proud of the fact he can ground a ball into right field when people are on base rather than hitting HR's. He's doing just what these hitting coaches are trying to make everyone do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

ANd yet he refuses to do anything with that stance. I think he's proud of the fact he can ground a ball into right field when people are on base rather than hitting HR's. He's doing just what these hitting coaches are trying to make everyone do.

Eloy and Benintendi will be the next whipping boys (along with Cease/Kopech) after Moncada is gone...

44 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And the Vaughn  2 R HR is why these days with a guy you just picked up and gave u 6 credible innings is why you take the ball out of his hands and pat him om the ass and say good job. Might have actually gave them a game.

Pedro is a dolt

24 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Well it's nice to see our 1B reach 20 homers on the season.

20HR Increases Vaughn's trade value.  Sox need to get more athletic players instead of station to station hitters with no speed. The team needs a 100% overhaul and that might include Robert if he can bring enough in trade value. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Rooting hard for 62-100...

Hard to imagine the Twins losing any of these games.   White Sox already playing like it's the very last game of the season.   Wouldn't be shocked if Colas goes AWOL in Charlotte as well.

A friend of mine asked yesterday (As he saw me celebrating another loss to KC), "Do you really want them losing 100 games, isn't that embarrassing?"    I replied, " Hell yeah! Never have I wanted my Sox to lose more than right now and draw to themselves the same embarrassment they have caused to us fans.    I want all those players and the Dildo Manager to carry that 100 loss season as part of their careers.    Fucking Losers. 🤬

And by the way, this team has flat out quit on the Dildo Manager.    They never quit on Renteria, never quit on LaRussa, never quit on Cairo.   But yet this ass clown is guaranteed a job next season? 

Edited by HOFHurt35
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

Offense has been so bad, yet it’s the healthiest they’ve been all year.  Even Robert looks like he doesn’t care.

Not to be a broken record, but how in the hell does Pedro keep his job? This team has flat out quit and I cannot think of 1 thing he is good at.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

Not to be a broken record, but how in the hell does Pedro keep his job? This team has flat out quit and I cannot think of 1 thing he is good at.

Almost impossible to fathom at the start of a year a situation where KW and Hahn would both be gone...but the result with Getz and Grifol returning is pretty much DAMPENING spirits of the majority of the fanbase.   Still have two weeks left after this and the interest level is pretty much at an all time low except for going for the 100 loss mark lowlight.

In fact, it's pretty hard to identify more than a couple of posters who adamantly argued for either of those two guys as GM or 2024 field manager.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

Offense has been so bad, yet it’s the healthiest they’ve been all year.  Even Robert looks like he doesn’t care.

I doubt he cares. He’s been pretty average the second half of the season. 

48 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pedro might be one of the few Sox baseball operations employees less qualified for his particular job than Chris Getz is. While an 100 plus loss season will be cromulent this season, if no significant personnel / organizational changes are made, I really hope they lose 120 plus games each future season until jerry is no longer owner. It's his mess, let him wallow in it.

He's laughing all the way to the bank.

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Can't imagine there's a lower paid GM or field manager in the entire sport...maybe the A's or Pirates.

For example, TB Rays are much smarter than that, surely they invest more resources in their front office and constantly replacing all the poached talent.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1