2023-24 NHL Threadard

bmags

1 minute ago, Tony said:

He'd be a "marked man" on whatever team he played for. He's 18 and the most hyped prospect since McDavid, and in fact I think because he's in Chicago, they've been hyping him more than even McDavid got. 

The rebuild is right on schedule. It's no secret they need more firepower. It will come. 

I agree he'd be a marked man but with just a little more offensive talent these defenses wouldn't be able to concentrate as much on Bedard as much they are now. The Hawks can't sustain any time in the offensive zone and get badly outplayed in their own end. Only goaltending and strong defense from the young guys and the recent offensive explosion of Bedard is keeping them in this game. If he get's injured they won't be able to compete just for a higher draft choice. I don't want to see that happen just to wait on more talent. He's a franchise player even moreso than Kane was. He needs help.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t followed the team in a few years, but was previously a full season ticket holder (1987-2000), and I’ve never seen the Hawks with such a poor talent level as they played last night. They’ve had injuries plus whatever happened with Perry, but it looked like a Wolves game out there. Nashville didn’t look great either.

The Hawks goalie #40 is the worst I can recall, and that 5 / 55 defensive pairing is horrendous. Connor Bedard has a lot of aspects to work on, hopefully he’ll get the support he needs.

The 2023-2024 Sox have a much higher  talent level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also at this point, if I'm the Hawks, I 100% send Korchinski back to the CHL. He is not going to develop being on this mess of a team at this point. They literally have nothing but mostly AHLers now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...