Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

8 hours ago, ron883 said:

This is how low the expectations are for Getz. We're forced to make up tropes that don't actually exist to make ourselves feel better about having Getz. 

Handpicked by JR just like TLR . What could possibly go wrong. Hahn in his own right was a failure but kept his job for a long time because he followed Jerry's edicts and philosophies that handicapped how he did his job right up to the very end when in a last ditch effort to save the rebuild he invested in Clevinger and Benintendi then was allowed along with KW and the rest of the Sox crack FO lackey's tried to make up for the utter lack of scouting and development by acquiring mostly pitching and catching at the trade deadline .

So far Getz seems no different.

This sucks but it all comes back to JR. He doesn’t want to pay for pitching. He’ll pay the going rate for a mediocre at best position player except if they play RF or 2B,,and LaRussa convinced him anyone can play RF. So they have to find cheap pitchers.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Fire 2

If that’s the case then the Braves being favorites make all the sense in the world. I personally hate the idea, they desperately need offense in the system on top of pitching of course but idk about you guys, I’m tired of watching Sheets, Romy , Colas, Remillard, Lenyn, or anybody not named Robert for that matter get any amount of ABs.. 

I’d like to think this is simply a negotiation tactic to have teams with lesser pitching up their offers

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Time to set the panic alarms 🚨🚨🚨 @SoCalChiSox - No savages are on the horizon unfortunately.

Yeah I've pretty much resigned myself to it at this point everytime I see this ATL bullshit and all this pitching crap.

Anyway, I'm actually kind of sort of hopeful about CIN....the more I read about Carlos Jorge I think it's possible he could be a LHS even though he seems to be a third piece. Fangraphs projects him as 50 hit/60 power/55 speed/45 field which is great for a LH 2B. 

If that's accurate it's similar to Busch offensively but ofcourse with a playable glove at 2B more speed and much much younger.

That would be a hell of a third piece along with Lowder and Petty. 

If they can get him in the CIN deal I'd be excited about that.

I really wanted a BAL deal sooooooo bad tho. We could address RF and 2B in one deal and prolly get a solid 4 in Povich as the third piece. It made too much sense so ofcourse Getz doesn't want it.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gotta love Chris Getz handicapping the market by focusing on a specific need instead of just going for best talent

That's why JR hired him. JR won't pay for long term pitching and he hasn't yet ,as far as we know ,increased the quality or quantity of people manning the lower echelon of the pay scale in scouting, drafting and development.

I'm not expecting different results from another Jerry lackey hire. JR picked him because their philosophies aligned. We may be encouraged slightly by who Getz has surrounded himself with but the guy we hear about the most is Bannister ,whose specialty is pitching.

I'm not sure that we are hearing very much about LH power . Mostly it's been about pitching , speed defense and KW's favorite, athleticism.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This sucks but it all comes back to JR. He doesn’t want to pay for pitching. He’ll pay the going rate for a mediocre at best position player except if they play RF or 2B,,and LaRussa convinced him anyone can play RF. So they have to find cheap pitchers.

Yep....thats a very good summary of their mindset.

f*** this team and f*** their hatred for left handed savagery.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gotta love Chris Getz handicapping the market by focusing on a specific need instead of just going for best talent

They’re so far away Luis Robert and probably Montogomery are the only two players one can even feel confident being on the 2026/27 rosters…if not traded.

The odds of getting a positional star caliber young player here are probably 10% at best.

Even with three of the best trade assets in the game, the Sox didn’t even acquire any All Stars out of the last so called wave of 2017-2020.  

Rodon was almost an accident (no other options) and we managed to get nothing for him when he left.  Anderson was drafted and Abreu and Robert were signed as FA’s.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah I've pretty much resigned myself to it at this point everytime I see this ATL bullshit and all this pitching crap.

Anyway, I'm actually kind of sort of hopeful about CIN....the more I read about Carlos Jorge I think it's possible he could be a LHS even though he seems to be a third piece. Fangraphs projects him as 50 hit/60 power/55 speed/45 field which is great for a LH 2B. 

If that's accurate it's similar to Busch offensively but ofcourse with a playable glove at 2B more speed and much much younger.

I really wanted a BAL deal sooooooo bad tho. We could address RF and 2B in one deal and prolly get a solid 4 in Povich as the third piece. It made too much sense so ofcourse Getz doesn't want it.

The sad part is I truly believe BAL wants Cease.  You look at that rotation and it’s razor thin.  I know everyone will say they won 101 games and don’t need to do anything, but I don’t really believe that for a second.  One big injury in the rotation could be significantly disruptive for them.  Elias isn’t dumb and I’m sure he knows this.  If he were in the AL Central, then maybe he feels he can wait it out until the deadline (although not sure prices will be much better), but that’s a tough proposition in the AL East.  Would hate to see a perfect match with them go to waste because Getz is determined to get pitching back in return.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's why JR hired him. JR won't pay for long term pitching and he hasn't yet ,as far as we know ,increased the quality or quantity of people manning the lower echelon of the pay scale in scouting, drafting and development.

I'm not expecting different results from another Jerry lackey hire. JR picked him because their philosophies aligned. We may be encouraged slightly by who Getz has surrounded himself with but the guy we hear about the most is Bannister ,whose specialty is pitching.

I'm not sure that we are hearing very much about LH power . Mostly it's been about pitching , speed defense and KW's favorite, athleticism.

JR’s dream is a rotation full of soft tossing lefties who know how to “pitch” and a lineup full of David Eckstein’s.  Let’s pray to the baseball gods that Getz doesn’t feel the same way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yep....thats a very good summary of their mindset.

f*** this team and f*** their hatred for left handed savagery.

Just have to wait for the trade because $150-175 million for Snell and $100-125 million for Montgomery is even more insane to all but the Top Ten or so franchises…for example, the Braves would never dare touch those two deals.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Reds are supposedly out, as they found the asking price to be insane 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

JR’s dream is a rotation full of soft tossing lefties who know how to “pitch” and a lineup full of David Eckstein’s.  Let’s pray to the baseball gods that Getz doesn’t feel the same way.

Getz didn’t get the job by telling JR what he didn’t want to hear 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Reds are supposedly out, as they found the asking price to be insane 

I thought Heyman was just name dropping them yesterday when talking about Cease's market starting to heat up?

If we are stuck with ATL we will be truly fucked.

I can't even fucking get a LH bat as a third piece to get excited about.

They won't even give us that. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is true, the problem is Getz was a David Eckstein wannabe, so that type of player he likes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I thought Heyman was just name dropping them yesterday when talking about Cease's market starting to heat up?

If we are stuck with ATL we will be truly fucked.

I can't even fucking get a LH bat as a third piece to get excited about.

They won't even give us that. 

Just wait until Grissom isn’t involved, and it’s something like AJSS, Murphy and Hackenberg

6 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

If that’s the case then the Braves being favorites make all the sense in the world. I personally hate the idea, they desperately need offense in the system on top of pitching of course but idk about you guys, I’m tired of watching Sheets, Romy , Colas, Remillard, Lenyn, or anybody not named Robert for that matter get any amount of ABs.. 

I’d like to think this is simply a negotiation tactic to have teams with lesser pitching up their offers

Sheets , Romy, Remillard I'm right there with you. Colas and Sosa still have a shot but very hard to become a productive MLB hitter when you swing at everything.

Colas advanced very quickly despite all his time off by hitting the crap out of the ball even better in AA than he did in A+. Sosa always needed time to adjust to a higher level but once he did he produced.

The Sox are now in a position not to give up on either of those 2. But they clearly have sent Colas a strong message about his defense , pitch selection and baserunning that Getz has said he will start the season in AAA.

When Spring training is likely to be an open competition for making the 26 that's a pretty strong message to send to Colas. Even if you set the world on fire in ST you are starting the season at AAA.

I'm pretty sure it's not a negotiating tactic. The visibility of Bannister so far and even the hiring of Getz signals that JRs philosophies about how he invests in pitching will be followed.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Have you seen the position players he’s brought in already? They are either slap hitters or players that flat out just can’t hit…

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic