Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I for one am happy the Sox didn’t trade for Michael Busch. Would have been a very underwhelming primary offensive piece. I’d prefer both of Bradfield / Beavers honestly. While I wouldn’t love a quantity deal for Cease but Westburg + Beavers + Bradfield + a pitcher would be interesting and could age really well. But certainly not ready to pull the trigger on something like that. 

Yeah he makes sense for the Cubs situation but we need better all around players.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I for one am happy the Sox didn’t trade for Michael Busch. Would have been a very underwhelming primary offensive piece. I’d prefer both of Bradfield / Beavers honestly. While I wouldn’t love a quantity deal for Cease but Westburg + Beavers + Bradfield + a pitcher would be interesting and could age really well. But certainly not ready to pull the trigger on something like that. 

I'd be perfectly fine with that package. Bradfield sure fits the mold of what the org is trying to prioritize.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Also, I would be ok with that package.

Just now, Snowy Demon said:

I really do not see the Orioles trading away Bradfield.  With the Orioles being a low budget team, they probably will not sign Cedric Mullins in 2 years.  Bradfield is the one true CF prospect in their system. 

Lol. The Os top 10 prospects are all of the table. Except Joey Ortiz. He’s available. 

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol. The Os top 10 prospects are all of the table. Except Joey Ortiz. He’s available. 

The Orioles should trade duplicate positional prospects.  Mike Elias looks to plan way ahead.  Any of  these are Hayes, Mountcastle, Kjerstad, Cowser, Ortiz, Mayo Westburg, and other combinations could be available as they see fit since they have other options.  They can be traded for whomever they see as values.  The Orioles should have in their mind to what they want to give up for Cease, Luzardo, Valdez, Keller or whomever they think would be fit.  No one knows that.  

15 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

I really do not see the Orioles trading away Bradfield.  With the Orioles being a low budget team, they probably will not sign Cedric Mullins in 2 years.  Bradfield is the one true CF prospect in their system. 

Haunted Sox did not draft Bradfield.  

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You O's fans are basically implying this. You guys don't want to trade anyone besides Ortiz in the top 10.

When did I do that?  I only said Bradfield since he was drafted in 2023 and the Orioles have no true CF prospect currently.  

No one should suggest that they will not trade any of their top 10.

Edited by Snowy Demon

3 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

When did I do that?  I only said Bradfield since he was drafted in 2023 and the Orioles have no true CF prospect current. 

Cowser isn’t a CF prospect? 253 career games in CF is significantly more than he’s played at the other 2 spots.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Cowser isn’t a CF prospect? 253 career games in CF is significantly more than he’s played at the other 2 spots.

They will always play prospects in CF until there's no other choice...gives them more trade value, even when they're eventually targeted for a corner at the big league level.

Same with Montgomery at SS.

Remember talk about Madrigal at SS or Burger at second when those were not totally realistic long term options?

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Probably not a guy you want out there everyday.

Maybe to cover for a couple of years but should they be that concerned about not having a "real CF prospect" over the next couple of years? Cedric Mullins also has 2 years of control left.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Maybe to cover for a couple of years but should they be that concerned about not having a "real CF prospect" over the next couple of years?

Maybe not other franchises but Elias' tendency has been creating depths in every position in Houston and Baltimore. 

1 minute ago, Snowy Demon said:

If it was up to me (lol), only Holliday, Basallo and Bradfield are the ones I would not move.  

Mayo keeps getting labeled untouchable.

Mayo too...but that's only if he can stick at third.

But then Basallo has no ideal position either because he will always be the backup catcher.

Which means his value to Baltimore is higher in the trade market than at 1B DH corner outfield.

Henderson or Holliday would have to play 3B unless you moved one to second.

But that depends on Mayo Westburg Henderson being better suited for third...

Lots of moving parts.

Rotating DH is fine.

And then they have to have a replacement for Mullins...

Logically Cowser Basallo Mayo Westburg, two of those four go and the other two are then critical pieces of the core, along with Brad field in center.

But zero percent chance you hold all of them and retain the value they have currently at the big league level.

You just can't.

Ortiz is already leaking value...which is why they're desperate to get something for him now.

But he could never be a centerpiece after the Madrigal failure...not for the White Sox at least.  And when they just traded Burger art I all you due to age and maxed out value.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic