Glasnow traded to Dodgers

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Also, should we really assume that the Dodgers dealing Pepiot + 1 other guy for Glasnow ($25M salary) would not have continued interest in Cease, who is going to make about $8.5M? They'll still be trying to add another arm.

I don't think it takes them out of it either IF they don't get Yamamoto. I'm counting on them grabbing Kershaw again already

Dodgers rotation (assuming Pepiot is traded for Glasnow):

1. Buehler

2. Glasnow

3. Miller

4. Yarbrough

5. Sheehan

Kershaw will probably re-sign. I feel like Yarbrough is better as a long-man/6th starter type. Sheehan or Miller could hypothetically be a part of a Cease deal. I agree though, it depends on if they get Yamamoto.

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Grissom would have the be the 3rd piece for it to work.  Plus I'd need a nice 4th.  Their 1 and 2 pieces are weak imo.

I'd say maybe even extend it to 5 pieces. But who knows, AA could end up being more aggressive than the Reds and O's GMs.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Dodgers rotation (assuming Pepiot is traded for Glasnow):

1. Buehler

2. Glasnow

3. Miller

4. Yarbrough

5. Sheehan

Kershaw will probably re-sign. I feel like Yarbrough is better as a long-man/6th starter type. Sheehan or Miller could hypothetically be a part of a Cease deal. I agree though, it depends on if they get Yamamoto.

They aren’t trading Miller.  Also, I’m not sure if Dodgers need the extra year for Cease as much as others, as they should have May/Ohtani/Buehler back for 2025

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'd say maybe even extend it to 5 pieces. But who knows, AA could end up being more aggressive than the Reds and O's GMs.

I really want the O's.  Surprised theres been no mention of the Rangers honestly.  They have the farm to pull it off, just won a WS, in a tough division, and in need of another SP.

• Like 1

Fathom is almost certainly right about this trade being likely (especially with Rosenthal reporting it), but the question is why did this Glasnow stuff leak ahead of time.  And why is Nightengale pumping the Braves as a likely landing point concurrently.  If you believe that all info out there is purposeful, then it suggests a game of chicken for Cease between the Sox & Dodgers.  Again, I’m sure this trade is happening, just surprised it leaked early and to MLB Nerds first.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fathom is almost certainly right about this trade being likely (especially with Rosenthal reporting it), but the question is why did this Glasnow stuff leak ahead of time.  And why is Nightengale pumping the Braves as a likely landing point concurrently.  If you believe that all info out there is purposeful, then it suggests a game of chicken for Cease between the Sox & Dodgers.  Again, I’m sure this trade is happening, just surprised it leaked early and to MLB Nerds first.

Personally, I'm not a believer in every single Tweet being purposeful, ha.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is a very good point. 

Bob has historically been used to leak stuff that our FO wants out there.

I really really don't want ATL to be the trading partner so I hope you're right and it's a strategic leak to scare LAD.

On the other hand, the fact that we are leaking to scare LAD and not BAL suggests Elias is still being a dickless coward and maybe the FO has given up on trying to persuade him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This is a very good point. 

Bob has historically been used to leak stuff that our FO wants out there.

I really really don't want ATL to be the trading partner so I hope you're right and it's a strategic leak to scare LAD.

On the other hand, the fact that we are leaking to scare LAD and not BAL suggests Elias is still being a dickless coward and maybe the FO has given up on trying to persuade him.

I really think a few of Yamamoto, Snell and Montgomery need to sign before we see the Cease market really heat up

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I really think a few of Yamamoto, Snell and Montgomery need to sign before we see the Cease market really heat up

Yep, and it’s been reported by a lot of people this is the case.  Also, Sahadev Sharma was on MLB Network and said Cubs could be interested in Cease or Burnes, but the “tax” might be too high.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

FWIW, Nightengale predicts Cease to Braves

Was this recently or from his notes column last week? I thought Atlanta too but I honestly don't think it's them. They just don't have enough I don't think. It would always be really out of character for AA. 

Edited by Y2Jimmy0
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Was this recently or from his notes column last week? I thought Atlanta too but I honestly don't think it's them. They just don't have enough I don't think. It would always be really out of character for AA. 

An article from today he lists Braves as likely landing point.

Why would this be out of character for AA out of curiosity?

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Jimmy can you give us some morsels here.

If you had to predict now where would it be and roughly what compensation do you expect?

9 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don;t think this takes the Dodgers out of the running especially if they miss on Yamamoto.  

• Like 1

• Quin changed the title to Glasnow traded to Dodgers