1/9/24 Update: Wander Franco to face lesser charges

South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I would assume that the country has a legitimate criminal justice system and that things fall through the cracks, in a similar vein to American states like Mississippi, Oklahoma, New Mexico etc (places without a statutory minimum age of consent) where state law and federal law are at odds. But I also assume that they would prosecute pedophiles like any other country would. DR is not exactly a shithole and the rich and famous get off of reasonable, actionable charges everywhere in the world so I wouldn't assume any more or less about the DR...but I bet Wander Franco's case is not something they'd want to f*** up because the whole world is watching. I assume justice will be done, or at least attempted at. Good luck to their prosecutors. Or, who cares about good luck, just hopefully that justice gets done. 

Depends on what a shithole means to be defined. All I know is that Ive been there. I certainly didn’t study the demographics of the nation, but I have eyes, and could see very well the opportunities for rich foreigners to het involved with if they so chose. It’s not hidden. I assume local authorities are in on the game. I do agree they don’t want to f*** it up now that it is international news. Which is why I said I am surprised it got to that point. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Depends on what a shithole means to be defined. All I know is that Ive been there. I certainly didn’t study the demographics of the nation, but I have eyes, and could see very well the opportunities for rich foreigners to het involved with if they so chose. It’s not hidden. I assume local authorities are in on the game. I do agree they don’t want to f*** it up now that it is international news. Which is why I said I am surprised it got to that point. 

If it happens here it can happen anywhere. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texsox said:

If it happens here it can happen anywhere. 

It literally happens everywhere. The question to help delineate is a matter of scale. As a result of public and state tolerance. I don’t recommend going there? There are better places to go. It is obviously consistent with many gulf and Caribbean islands and beach destinations in terms of beautiful natural aspects. If you went there though, you would understand.

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 1

Teenaged girls kind of need parental supervision to keep them away from older men. Give them slack for school activities but keep track of what they are up to. In this case it seems there are financial angles at play. Maybe they allow multiple wives in DR?

3 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

It literally happens everywhere. The question to help delineate is a matter of scale. As a result of public and state tolerance. I don’t recommend going there? There are better places to go. It is obviously consistent with many gulf and Caribbean islands and beach destinations in terms of beautiful natural aspects. If you went there though, you would understand.

I worked in Mexico for years and traveled central America. It does give a perspective 

Prime of your life, at the absolute top of your game, an entire country is amazed at your abilities as a pro athlete, and you throw it all away for a girl who is 14.  This will never make sense 

hopefully in like 3-4 years Bob Nightengale can get Wanders side of the story, odds are whatever wander did doesn’t deserve punishment 

• Haha 5

On 1/2/2024 at 2:15 PM, pcq said:

Teenaged girls kind of need parental supervision to keep them away from older men. Give them slack for school activities but keep track of what they are up to. In this case it seems there are financial angles at play. Maybe they allow multiple wives in DR?

He was paying the mother of the girl age 14. Good night.

• Like 2

where's that guy talking about his 14-year-old niece and that all these girls are just lying about their age?

"My girl, if my team realizes this it could cause problems for me, it is a rule in all teams not to talk to minors and, nevertheless, I took the risk and I loved it," Franco expressed in a screenshot of a conversation on the WhatsApp platform with the teenager, who appears on page 569 of the 595 of the request for coercive measures against Franco and the minor's mother, Martha Vanessa Chevalier.

Furthermore, in the extract, Franco recognizes that the young woman is just a girl, he even asks her to let herself be raised by him in her own way, when she is there she demands him. "I would like you to forget everything you have learned to raise yourself my way" — Excerpt from Wander Franco's conversation with a minor In said conversation, Franco confesses that he loves her and that he was willing to give her one last chance, but he demanded exclusivity for the minor, who was supposedly in another relationship. The young woman asked him how he would raise her, "without love, without respect?", to which the athlete responded: "There was more to it, but you're just a girl and you don't know how to get along with me, that's why you failed. But I give you one chance, you should be just for me, don't look at anyone else. I know you've been with someone else, but "No one will know how to use you the way I want and give you."

this guy is a sick f***

• Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

8 minutes ago, nrockway said:

where's that guy talking about his 14-year-old niece and that all these girls are just lying about their age?

"My girl, if my team realizes this it could cause problems for me, it is a rule in all teams not to talk to minors and, nevertheless, I took the risk and I loved it," Franco expressed in a screenshot of a conversation on the WhatsApp platform with the teenager, who appears on page 569 of the 595 of the request for coercive measures against Franco and the minor's mother, Martha Vanessa Chevalier.

Furthermore, in the extract, Franco recognizes that the young woman is just a girl, he even asks her to let herself be raised by him in her own way, when she is there she demands him. "I would like you to forget everything you have learned to raise yourself my way" — Excerpt from Wander Franco's conversation with a minor In said conversation, Franco confesses that he loves her and that he was willing to give her one last chance, but he demanded exclusivity for the minor, who was supposedly in another relationship. The young woman asked him how he would raise her, "without love, without respect?", to which the athlete responded: "There was more to it, but you're just a girl and you don't know how to get along with me, that's why you failed. But I give you one chance, you should be just for me, don't look at anyone else. I know you've been with someone else, but "No one will know how to use you the way I want and give you."

this guy is a sick f***

Spoiler

0HC3vH.gif

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t have instagram…can you summarize?

Just an article from one of the Dominican papers (El Diario) with a picture of the mother on the front and linked story...assuming that has to be the mother and that minors would not be allowed.

Who the hell does this guy think he is, Elvis? Or Jimmy Page? Or Bill Wyman? Or Steven Tyler? Or Charlie Chaplin? Or Luc Besson? Or David Bowie? Or Paul Walker? Or Bret Michaels? Or Anthony Kiedis? Or Don Johnson? Or Karim Benzema? Or Franck Ribery? Or Josh Giddey? Or Karl Malone? Or Diego Maradona? Or Jerry Lee Lewis? 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

• South Side Hit Men changed the title to 1/9/24 Update: Wander Franco to face lessor charges

New update from the Dominican Republic.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/01/wander-franco-to-face-lesser-charges-in-dominican-republic.html

He was originally accused of commercial and sexual exploitation and money laundering in the Dominican Republic but will now face the lesser charge of sexual and psychological abuse.

Franco has been accused of having a relationship with a 14-year-old girl and paying the girl’s mother to remain silent about the abuse. Per today’s report, Judge Romaldy Marcelino determined that the money could not be considered payment for the girl’s services because the mother requested it after learning of the relationship, which lasted four months. The judge said that prosecutors initially gave the case more serious treatment because “the accused is a professional MLB player.” Each of the original charges came with potential prison sentences between 10 and 30 years but the new charges could lead to a sentence of two to five years. Per the report, Franco has not yet been formally accused of the new charges.

Doesn't look like he will regain a U. S. Work Visa, and he would be barred from entering the United States in the future if convicted per a former US ICE Prosecutor.

“Barring a full exoneration in this case, where it comes out that this was all made up, I don’t see him very likely coming back anytime soon, if ever,” said Javad Khazaeli, a former prosecutor for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement who now works in private practice. “The likelihood he would come into the U.S., even if he had a valid visa that wasn’t revoked, is minimal, Khazaeli also said. “If I was his immigration attorney, I would tell him not to even try. Then he would open himself up to being detained at the border (by U.S. Customs and Border Protection) and being put into custody here until an administrative adjudication of these claims.”

• Like 1

https://awaybackgone.com/posts/revisiting-the-cleveland-guardians-trade-of-junior-caminero-is-a-painful-experience-01h8kta9zvvd

It's just the TB way that their replacement for him could end up being a much better financial/savings value for the team...all things considered.

(And eventually Eloy will find a home at DH with these guys, the Brewers/Reds/Pirates/Marlins. Just watch.)

• Like 1

Updated headline made me laugh. Is he a landlord in this scenario? That’s a “lessor.”  “Lesser” means reduced. That’s the word you’re looking for. 

Now, I’ve paid no attention whatsoever to this story. If there is a rental property component to this, lessor it is. 

• Like 1

• South Side Hit Men changed the title to 1/9/24 Update: Wander Franco to face lesser charges