The OF Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Soler would hit 40 homers if he played a full year for the Sox. He’s made KC and Miami parks look much shorter than they are.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna123372

A woman suffered “significant and excruciating injuries” when then-Atlanta Braves outfielder Jorge Soler threw a ball into the stands during the 2021 World Series, according to a lawsuit she filed last week.

Those wounds included "multiple fractures, a right eye edema, and infra-orbital abrasion," which has forced Norris to "seek extensive medical treatments for the injuries" that will "require long term medical care," according to the lawsuit.

27 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I guess picking up Fletcher and DeLoach negates something like this happening. I was still pining, tho. 

Yeah, if not for those trades, I think he would have been worth picking up. Heck, maybe he still would have been over Sheets (and his one option).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah, if not for those trades, I think he would have been worth picking up. Heck, maybe he still would have been over Sheets (and his one option).

Which is why you don’t give up pitchers for fungible reserve outfielders. 

Every year there are dozens of these guys released / added throughout Spring Training and the season.