New Food Items 2024

55 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Wish the smash burger was available to the masses but I will absolutely be downing Jack and Floats.

https://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/south-side-specials-white-sox-2024-f-b-is-better-at-the-ballpark-39721d3d1c7f

Don’t worry, the best smash burgers and fries will continue to be available to all fans.  Just west of the railroad tracks on 35th.

384-C7-CE3-8-B8-D-42-DA-B01-A-E3-E6-CD36

For those who really want to try the Comiskey Park version without club level seats, they likely won’t be checking tickets to get into the 300 level weekday day games and many Monday-Thursday April/May/September night games.

I bought club seats via stub hub for a few games last year, and the ushers didn’t check up front at the entrance to this level. Hit or miss whether the ushers would check tickets in the seating area, though some were proactive your first time in the outdoor seating sections.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 6:58 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Don’t worry, the best smash burgers and fries will continue to be available to all fans.  Just west of the railroad tracks on 35th.

384-C7-CE3-8-B8-D-42-DA-B01-A-E3-E6-CD36

For those who really want to try the Comiskey Park version without club level seats, they likely won’t be checking tickets to get into the 300 level weekday day games and many Monday-Thursday April/May/September night games.

I bought club seats via stub hub for a few games last year, and the ushers didn’t check up front at the entrance to this level. Hit or miss whether the ushers would check tickets in the seating area, though some were proactive your first time in the outdoor seating sections.

Can't speak for the 300 level but felt like the 100 level ushers were the worst in years for checking for tickets if trying to come from the upper bowl.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Does anyone know how to get a pair of tickets to the stadium club for a game? Those Campfire Milkshakes sound good.

These tickets are available for purchase for season ticket holders

I remember seeing them on stubhub, with a note you also need a regular game ticket to enter the stadium, but I don't see any listed so far for the couple of games I checked. They weren't listed with expensive on stubhub for most games, IIRC $10-$15 per ticket. Hopefully they didn't change the policy to allow resale.

I never was inside the Stadium Club, but would be cool to check it out. I like the Club Level especially with sketchy weather, being able to sit out a rain delay in warmth. Also like viewing the game from that level around the infield, vs. the upper deck where I won't go anymore. You can typically find decent to great prices for club seats for weekday day games and weeknight (M-Th) games in April, May and September.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

These tickets are available for purchase for season ticket holders

I remember seeing them on stubhub, with a note you also need a regular game ticket to enter the stadium, but I don't see any listed so far for the couple of games I checked. They weren't listed with expensive on stubhub for most games, IIRC $10-$15 per ticket. Hopefully they didn't change the policy to allow resale.

I never was inside the Stadium Club, but would be cool to check it out. I like the Club Level especially with sketchy weather, being able to sit out a rain delay in warmth. Also like viewing the game from that level around the infield, vs. the upper deck where I won't go anymore. You can typically find decent to great prices for club seats for weekday day games and weeknight (M-Th) games in April, May and September.

I saw the note about the season ticket holders and thought that there were tickets on StubHub. I thought it might be a unique place to take my wife for a Sox game. The Club Level is awesome for when the weather sucks and from a viewing experience. I’ll go to the upper deck behind the plate on the lower rows so you can see everything. Otherwise I’ll search for good priced tickets by the dugout or in the outfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nrockway said:

personally, I just want a hot dog and a beer. That's a lie, I want 7 beers. 

Consider tailgating with a six pack of one of these local offerings (5-7% ABV):

We typically go pre/post to Marz or Skylark if staying close to the stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Consider tailgating with a six pack of one of these local offerings (5-7% ABV):

We typically go pre/post to Marz or Skylark if staying close to the stadium.

Thanks! I used to "pre-game" at home then take the 55 bus to the red line; or if I was with a woman, take a cab to the ballpark. And now I live in Arizona and have very little interest in driving an hour to watch the Sox play spring training, though I did watch a NASCAR race nearby Camelback Ranch a couple weeks ago and felt guilty throughout that I wasn't a couple miles north watching the Sox lose. Despite earplugs, the good baseball Lord took away my hearing for several days for this transgression.

Irrelevant to baseball, but it's interesting how much the spring training facilities in the Phoenix metro have changed in my relatively short lifetime. My dad used to take us out when we were kids and now 20some years later, the area has completely grown up, it's no longer a little suburb of Phoenix, all of the untouched land has been turned into apartments and now they're converting agricultural land into apartments. One wonders how the metro area can supply water to all these people and the hundreds of thousands more people they're building for but I guess that's for my kids to worry about. 

On tailgaiting, none of my friends have ever liked baseball, let alone the White Sox, so I've never really thought about tailgaiting at Comiskey; when I attend games it's usually by myself and I'll just chit-chat with surrounding fans. It's sort of amusing how standoffish fans have been lately, I don't know if it's because the Sox suck or if it's because everyone in Chicago is depressed. Even one of the employees yelled at me for no good reason (I opened my beer can myself instead of handing it to him to open and that apparently bothered him).

I used to live in a building in Lakeview and our floor would get together every so often for a party. Some of these guys worked for the Cubs and everyone else was a Cubs fan, except for this one woman who was a Sox fan and would always talk in a thick accent about how great the Sox tailgaiting was. I kept quiet because I don't like the idea of acres of parking lots and think the Cubs actually have a better set up in that way, I think I'd rather drink in a bar than a parking lot, though I'd rather be surrounded by like minds and I don't think I could be caught in a Wrigleyville bar ever again in my life. 

Edited by nrockway
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, nrockway said:

Thanks! I used to "pre-game" at home then take the 55 bus to the red line; or if I was with a woman, take a cab to the ballpark. And now I live in Arizona and have very little interest in driving an hour to watch the Sox play spring training, though I did watch a NASCAR race nearby Camelback Ranch a couple weeks ago and felt guilty throughout that I wasn't a couple miles north watching the Sox lose. Despite earplugs, the good baseball Lord took away my hearing for several days for this transgression.

Irrelevant to baseball, but it's interesting how much the spring training facilities in the Phoenix metro have changed in my relatively short lifetime. My dad used to take us out when we were kids and now 20some years later, the area has completely grown up, it's no longer a little suburb of Phoenix, all of the untouched land has been turned into apartments and now they're converting agricultural land into apartments. One wonders how the metro area can supply water to all these people and the hundreds of thousands more people they're building for but I guess that's for my kids to worry about. 

On tailgaiting, none of my friends have ever liked baseball, let alone the White Sox, so I've never really thought about tailgaiting at Comiskey; when I attend games it's usually by myself and I'll just chit-chat with surrounding fans. It's sort of amusing how standoffish fans have been lately, I don't know if it's because the Sox suck or if it's because everyone in Chicago is depressed. Even one of the employees yelled at me for no good reason (I opened my beer can myself instead of handing it to him to open and that apparently bothered him).

I used to live in a building in Lakeview and our floor would get together every so often for a party. Some of these guys worked for the Cubs and everyone else was a Cubs fan, except for this one woman who was a Sox fan and would always talk in a thick accent about how great the Sox tailgaiting was. I kept quiet because I don't like the idea of acres of parking lots and think the Cubs actually have a better set up in that way, I think I'd rather drink in a bar than a parking lot, though I'd rather be surrounded by like minds and I don't think I could be caught in a Wrigleyville bar ever again in my life. 

Awesome post. I’m with you I prefer going to a bar or brewery over tailgating or drinking at the ballpark.

A six pack plus a hot dog will set you back close to $100 inside the park, $20 tailgating, and perhaps $25-$50 depending on what you’re drinking (Domestic Buckets to Craft Beer) at a bar, higher at a brewery.

Have you checked out Wren House Brewery near downtown, or Wondering Tortoise Beer Bar and if so do you like visiting? Are their any other good breweries or craft beer bars in the Phoenix area?

Couldn’t get many recommendations beyond the two I mentioned before my trip.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Awesome post. I’m with you I prefer going to a bar or brewery over tailgating or drinking at the ballpark.

A six pack plus a hot dog will set you back close to $100 inside the park, $20 tailgating, and perhaps $25-$50 depending on what you’re drinking (Domestic Buckets to Craft Beer) at a bar, higher at a brewery.

Have you checked out Wren House Brewery near downtown, or Wondering Tortoise Beer Bar and if so do you like visiting? Are their any other good breweries or craft beer bars in the Phoenix area?

Couldn’t get many recommendations beyond the two I mentioned before my trip.

I have not but I'll keep this in mind. I am near Fountain Hills on the far east side of the metro area just before you reach the mountains and there's not much of anything over here. Yet. They're building it as we speak. There's a community over here that doesn't have any water and refuses to strike a deal with the city of Scottsdale because paying for public services is communism. Paying a private business 10 times the amount to drive it to you is freedom. Nonetheless, they're building some giant subdivision across the highway from it despite, you know, not actually having a water source for the residents. Somehow they have water for several golf courses though. I can't judge that too harshly because I really want to play at the Troon North Golf Club. The PGA came here a couple months ago and it's reasonably affordable too once all the snowbirds go home. An incredibly beautiful course, it just seems wrong to be building golf courses in the desert. but I digress...

There is a Rosati's over here, however, which is actually pretty good. at least it's better than the one in the South Loop I would order from sometimes. I think what worries me about going out to a brewery/bar in Arizona is that I have to drive there and back and I'm not well known for limiting my alcohol consumption. DUIs out west are a regional pastime (just ask TLR) but one that I don't want to partake in. I have some sympathy for the act because I blame it on the infrastructure (I think I wrote a post about this a month ago on this forum for some reason). Something I miss about Chicago is being able to just walk over to my favorite bar, the Falcon Inn on 53rd Street, order a pitcher or two and watch sports all day and not worry about getting home. I can't do that here but I can take a walk and see horses and owls and hawks and roadrunners and javelinas and every so often a rattlesnake; which is also a pretty cool thing and probably better for my liver. 

So I guess that's all to say I don't really have any recommendations, just that the McDowell Mountain foothills are very beautiful, the climate is much better than you'd expect out of Phoenix. And if you're a golfer, you might enjoy the Troon North course. 

• Fire 1