GT 3/30: DET @ SOX, 1:10 pm CDT, NBCSC

What the hell happened to Maldonado's framing? He's been around neutral until last season. I don't remember watching him before and thinking he can't catch. Is it just him getting old and losing reaction time? 

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

4 innings, 3 runs, 9 base runners, no Ks. Let me know when it’s been an acceptable length to question Soroka please. 

He doesn’t look great, but “questioning” him is clearly not the same as declaring he is washed 10 minutes into his first start of the season.

God damn I hate hot take culture.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Paper Bag 1

Just now, chw42 said:

What the hell happened to Maldonado's framing? He's been around neutral until last season. I don't remember watching him before and thinking he can't catch. Is it just him getting old and losing reaction time? 

Most likely, he fell off a cliff last year. 

1 minute ago, Snopek said:

He doesn’t look great, but “questioning” him is clearly not the same as declaring he is washed 10 minutes into his first start of the season.

He’s been washed for a few years, it’s not just 10 minutes into today. There’s a reason why Atlanta gave him away. 

Just now, DirtySox said:

Soroka has not been particularly inspiring today.

He's a control pitcher without a whole lot of control today. Hopefully today was a case of him not having it as opposed to this being just how he is. 

It is a bit encouraging that he had nothing and still found a way to work through 5 innings with a lead. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Got a lot of that s%*# here

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's had a lot of injuries and is still how old ? 26 ? Give him another 2 years at least.

There’s just some injuries people don’t come back from, but he hasn’t performed in years now and he’s not fooling anyone today. Lots of runners, lots of hard contact, not fooling anyone. You just hope he’s decent enough to get something for him in a few months. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yup, his age caught up to him.

• Quin locked this topic