GT 3/30: DET @ SOX, 1:10 pm CDT, NBCSC

5 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

No it wasn't. it was Moncada's at bat. The guy threw one strike and Moncada chased s%*# and struck out. 

You are absolutely right.  There were two men on with no outs, both on base with walks. The pitcher was wild. 3 &1 count and he swing at a ball on his ankle.. next time give him a take sign in that situation.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

You are absolutely right.  There were two men on with no outs, both on base with walks. The pitcher was wild. 3 &1 count and he swing at a ball on his ankle.. next time give him a take sign in that situation.

Doesn't mean the buffoon would follow the order. 

31 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Did he pick up English? Because if he did, that’s awesome and I’m impressed.

He actually did his first interview in English recently. Luis is awesome. Mad respect.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, reiks12 said:

And sitting in favor of 700 OPS Andrew Vaughn, the untouchable, .9 WAR first baseman (DH on any other team).

At least Stone has stopped saying that he's gonna be a monster.  Only if he grows another head.

9 hours ago, Texsox said:

I've gone to a lot of games  they have lost and never felt like I wasted money. I enjoy being at a baseball game. The difference now is I'd be walking in expecting a loss. I think I'm just valuing my time more. 

Me too. My experiment of not buying mlb.com is proving adept. I do not have any desire to watch the Sox play live. I have checked the highlights of our first two games. Also, however, the Royals and Cubs. I'm trying to care about more than the White Sox. ... Nice 2HR game by Robert. .... Also, being optimistic, could this Shewmake guy be good? I liked his heads up baserunning and he hit a HR. Anybody think this guy might be OK to excellent? First round pick.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The good news is they scored some runs

The bad news is the bullpen gave up the lead which I'm sure we will be seeing many, many times this year and the Sox again fail to do the little things to advance runners and bring them home. Nothing has changed in that regard from last season. The 10th inning today was a classic example.

Don't stop now boys keep embarrassing yourselves!

Somebody on the board was all optimistic about the bullpen. I just see a lot of guys I've never heard of.

9 hours ago, wegner said:

image.jpeg

I've lived in KC area a long time after growing up in Chicago, so I must say I'm not a fan of relish on a hot dog, i do like chopped onions on a hot dog; I do like mustard on a hot dog, but I must confess ketchup mixes pretty well with the mustard on a hot dog. no pickles either. So I want hot dog with mustard, ketchup, onion and tomatoes are OK on there. No peppers. I hate to say it but a traditional chicago dog does not suit me. I don't like those chicago hot dog buns either with the black specs on them, i assume that's pepper.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

I've lived in KC area a long time after growing up in Chicago, so I must say I'm not a fan of relish on a hot dog, i do like chopped onions on a hot dog; I do like mustard on a hot dog, but I must confess ketchup mixes pretty well with the mustard on a hot dog. no pickles either. So I want hot dog with mustard, ketchup, onion and tomatoes are OK on there. No peppers. I hate to say it but a traditional chicago dog does not suit me. I don't like those chicago hot dog buns either with the black specs on them, i assume that's pepper.

To each their own regarding hot dogs condiments, but the hot dog buns you don’t like contain poppy seeds, not pepper.

https://www.faskitchen.com/poppy-seeds-101/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Somebody on the board was all optimistic about the bullpen. I just see a lot of guys I've never heard of.

They're still better than the rag tag guys they put out there in the last 6 weeks of 2023.

• Like 1

I actually like Chicago dog with no sport peppers. To me, the key is the pickle slice and celery salt.

Unfortunately hot dogs in Chicago have never been the same since Best Kosher went out of business imho.

At home, I opt for a hot dog topped with my homemade chili and shredded cheddar cheese.

• Like 2

Tigers had 2 big plays on defense.  The CF took a home run away and that double play grounder that Eloy hit with sacks packed.  First baseman saved the day for them.

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

They're still better than the rag tag guys they put out there in the last 6 weeks of 2023.

Time to go back to a daily dose of Bryan Shaw.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I actually like Chicago dog with no sport peppers. To me, the key is the pickle slice and celery salt.

Unfortunately hot dogs in Chicago have never been the same since Best Kosher went out of business imho.

At home, I opt for a hot dog topped with my homemade chili and shredded cheddar cheese.

For a Chicago dog, I also forego the sport peppers. And celery salt might be the unsung hero of the whole thing. Ketchup on a Chicago dog is unnecessary for me because of the tomatoes. However, if it's just a dog off the grill, I will do mustard, ketchup and relish. And yes, the chilli cheese dog is in a category by itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

7 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

For a Chicago dog, I also forego the sport peppers. And celery salt might be the unsung hero of the whole thing. Ketchup on a Chicago dog is unnecessary for me because of the tomatoes. However, if it's just a dog off the grill, I will do mustard, ketchup and relish. And yes, the chilli cheese dog is in a category by itself.

Celery Salt.,...MVP... MVP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Me too. My experiment of not buying mlb.com is proving adept. I do not have any desire to watch the Sox play live. I have checked the highlights of our first two games. Also, however, the Royals and Cubs. I'm trying to care about more than the White Sox. ... Nice 2HR game by Robert. .... Also, being optimistic, could this Shewmake guy be good? I liked his heads up baserunning and he hit a HR. Anybody think this guy might be OK to excellent? First round pick.

Shewmake profiles more as a utility infielder. Good glove, he hasn't really hit at AA or AAA for the Braves. But hey, it'd be great to see him suddenly figure it out and rake. 

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

That was me. Leone looked shaky yesterday, but Brebbia and Wilson had clean innings. I think they could still be a good unit. 

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Shewmake profiles more as a utility infielder. Good glove, he hasn't really hit at AA or AAA for the Braves. But hey, it'd be great to see him suddenly figure it out and rake. 

That was me. Leone looked shaky yesterday, but Brebbia and Wilson had clean innings. I think they could still be a good unit. 

I try not to get too excited about bullpens early in the season. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wegner said:

Did your kiddo enjoy opening day?

He had a blast! Loved the AC/DC intro and the fireworks. Thankfully for the next few years he won’t remember any of the outcomes. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Quin locked this topic