Chasing Records

I'm not sure of the math exactly, but my gut tells me that Pham is on pace for about 193 RBI and 75 HR.

MVP, but that goes without saying.

So, 41 games, 10 shutouts. Despite their recent "hot streak", the White Sox are still on pace for 40 shutouts, and 47 wins. They have finally broken away from the 2003 Tigers worst record, but it remains to be seen if they can keep it up.

3 hours ago, joejoesox said:

man, arraez has gotta be hurt or something 

Based on what?

It's clear in looking at that list of swing speeds that the higher speeds are all "power" guys, and the lower speeds are all "contact" guys. Looks like Arraez, one of the best bat-on-ball guys around, also has a really high "ball in play" rate (12th), as well as the shortest swing length (5.9 feet) in the league. Looks like these numbers back up the "eye test" in his case, which is that he's an elite contact hitter who basically only swings for contact to put the ball in play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

lol

“In the offseason, when I began conversations with potential free agents and agents of pitchers, there was hesitancy to come to the White Sox because of the defense, so that led me to really be proactive in improving that,” Getz said. “I wanted to be an attractive place for pitchers to want to pitch here.”

And before anyone brings up Moncada or Robert's injuries: People say they get reliably hurt and if Getz didn't need a year to assess things, he'd have revamped the medical staff for this team's hilarious amount of soft tissue injuries the past few years.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

lol

And before anyone brings up Moncada or Robert's injuries: People say they get reliably hurt and if Getz didn't need a year to assess things, he'd have revamped the medical staff for this team's hilarious amount of soft tissue injuries the past few years.

Sheets is on pace to start over 80 games in RF. Vaughn is going to start 120+ at 1B. Currently with Robert hurt the team lacks an actual MLB CF and that player (whoever starts) is flanked by noodle arm Beni and a glorified DH.

Maldonado and Lee combine to be below average and Debong and Lopez are average or above -- but again, we don't have a legit backup SS, just like CF.

Us fans didn't know that Shewmake and Fletcher weren't actually a MLB caliber defensive SS and CF respectively, but man you'd hope the GM and scouting staff would know.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2024 at 7:42 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

If you're a true fan, it's never entertaining to watch your team lose.  We may boycott the stadium and JR but to wish for the Sox to lose the most games in MLB history, is what I would call a traitor or a Cub fan.....take your pick.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Quin said:

lol

You had years of data showing that these guys are injury prone and still went the Hahn route of having no legitimate backup plan for when they inevitably got hurt again. Cool stuff.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sheets is on pace to start over 80 games in RF. Vaughn is going to start 120+ at 1B. Currently with Robert hurt the team lacks an actual MLB CF and that player (whoever starts) is flanked by noodle arm Beni and a glorified DH.

Maldonado and Lee combine to be below average and Debong and Lopez are average or above -- but again, we don't have a legit backup SS, just like CF.

Us fans didn't know that Shewmake and Fletcher weren't actually a MLB caliber defensive SS and CF respectively, but man you'd hope the GM and scouting staff would know.

Getz was able to sell them as such because they're real first in, last out lunch pail types that play for the front of jersey not the back.

• Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

If you're a true fan, it's never entertaining to watch your team lose.  We may boycott the stadium and JR but to wish for the Sox to lose the most games in MLB history, is what I would call a traitor or a Cub fan.....take your pick.

If you are going to suck you may as well suck historically in my opinion. Maybe total complete embarrassment is the only way short of new ownership to get anything to significantly change.

It may not do a damn bit of good but winning 60-65-70 games isn't going to do squat either is it?

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

You forgot the third option of doing whatever the hell you want to do as a fan, but thanks for sharing your rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1