4/5: Chicago Royals @ KC Royals @640 CT - Fedde vs. Singer

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

A Crochet innings limit is just common sense, man. Arm stamina has to be built up.

He’s about to start his third game of the season in two days which means he will have started 3 of the Sox first 9 games. Does it look like they have an innings limit on him, man?

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Honestly the cubs aren't even a bad watch. Much better than this loser bunch.

My experiment of trying to follow the Cubs is working. Suzuki is a good hitter. That guy with the wild name homered today. Hell, might as well follow the Cubs as we have just one MLB team in town right now. Nobody can tell me this White Sox team is big-league caliber. Like I said the commissioner should fine the White Sox heavily for putting this product out there. It's almost impossible to create a team this flawed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Oh boy, four hits. Sox offense is as bad as we all knew it would be. This team will be lucky to win 15-20 games on the road this season.

On the road? At least they have a shot on the road in some of the pitcher parks they will play in. This team has zero power, playing in a hitter's park. They are going to get destroyed at home on the regular.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I'm at the point where I feel sorry for any young players brought into this organization. What do the Sox do well, as an organization? Do they have a single facet they can hang their hat on?

Groundskeeping? 🤔

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He’s about to start his third game of the season in two days which means he will have started 3 of the Sox first 9 games. Does it look like they have an innings limit on him, man?

There’s going to be an innings limit for sure.  Guaranteed there will be skipped starts and/or “injuries”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

My experiment of trying to follow the Cubs is working. Suzuki is a good hitter. That guy with the wild name homered today. Hell, might as well follow the Cubs as we have just one MLB team in town right now. Nobody can tell me this White Sox team is big-league caliber. Like I said the commissioner should fine the White Sox heavily for putting this product out there. It's almost impossible to create a team this flawed.

The Cubs team is worlds better than the Sox.  Michael Busch is going to end up outhitting our vaunted first round bust 1B Andrew Vaughn.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If the Sox don’t have an innings limit on him, don’t worry.  Many posters will be here to say “I told you so” once he inevitably hits the wall and falls apart or gets injured.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

There’s going to be an innings limit for sure.  Guaranteed there will be skipped starts and/or “injuries”

They sure aren’t starting the season like there’s one and has anyone from the organization said there’s a limit? I’m just saying, their actions so far this season certainly don’t point to a limit and if he’s still throwing the ball well why impose one? He hardly threw any innings the past 5 years and that didn’t keep him healthy. 

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

If the Sox don’t have an innings limit on him, don’t worry.  Many posters will be here to say “I told you so” once he inevitably hits the wall and falls apart or gets injured.

How about we see how he’s going in another couple months? If he’s still going strong and feeling good, why arbitrarily impose a limit?

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They sure aren’t starting the season like there’s one and has anyone from the organization said there’s a limit? I’m just saying, their actions so far this season certainly don’t point to a limit and if he’s still throwing the ball well why impose one? He hardly threw any innings the past 5 years and that didn’t keep him healthy. 

You answered your own question.

You don’t build up arm strength and stamina to throw 200 innings in a single season by not throwing hardly any innings over 5 years.

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You answered your own question.

You don’t build up arm strength and stamina to throw 200 innings in a single season by not throwing hardly any innings over 5 years.

No. You said he will inevitably get injured by throwing too many innings. How did that work in prior years? Not well. He hardly pitched and was hurt a lot. So if he’s throwing well and feeling good into this summer why would you impose a limit? I have yet to see any evidence that a magical number of innings two years post TJS will prevent injury.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

No. You said he will inevitably get injured by throwing too many innings. How did that work in prior years? Not well. He hardly pitched and was hurt a lot. So if he’s throwing well and feeling good into this summer why would you impose a limit? I have yet to see any evidence that a magical number of innings two years post TJS will prevent injury.

Actually, that’s not what I said.  I said he will either “hit the wall” or get injured.  “Hit the wall” means he will pitch poorly because he will likely have dead arm and be worn out.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Actually, that’s not what I said.  I said he will either “hit the wall” or get injured.  “Hit the wall” means he will pitch poorly because he will likely have dead arm and be worn out.

And if he doesn‘t “hit a wall” what then? Innings limit anyways?

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Lol I only brought it up because I read about 10 different opinions on the call.  Most angles showed nothing , the ones looking at it from the first base view behind the runner, because you couldn't see his foot. After the tag on the foot the glove came up very quick and missed everything else  by a wide margin ,which is what you see from perhaps a LF camera in front of the runner.

Royals announcers were saying the knee . I was like wtf are they looking at. I saw top of the upper half on his foot.

That's the only angle I saw that showed a tag.

Lol correct. All 4 announcers and apparently this thread is blind. Not sure why the back angle is what people think it's better but here was the first angle and only one that showed a tag, on the foot. Meant to post this earlier but since this is still going, f*** it.

Screenshot-20240405-231649-Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And if he doesn‘t “hit a wall” what then? Innings limit anyways?

There’s no reason to manage a player in this manner in a worthless losing season.  Perhaps they want to keep Crochet since he still has two years of control.  Why even consider burning him out?  The Sox are stupid as hell but I don’t doubt they have a plan to limit his innings this year.

“We are going to go out there and compete our asses off and play baseball the right way and see what happens.”--Pedro Grifol.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Haha 2

Seriously. Am I the only one who thinks this is a team that should be fined for not being MLB caliber? Anybody agree with greg that this is not a big league club? That our Sox would not even contend for a minor league title? Especially with no Eloy and Robert.

22 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“We are going to go out there and compete our asses off and play baseball the right way and see what happens.”--Pedro Grifol.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

I love how they prototyped a terrible Royals team and now are even worse than them.  🤣

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Hi. I flipped back and forth between Sox/Royals and Iowa/UCONN. 

We'll figure it out. IL Robert, bring up Colas, platoon Fletcher and Grossman in CF. f*** it. Start Lee, start Sheets. Grifol has to get creative. Even Ozzie's wondering about sticking Benny in the 1-spot. 

With those moves, this already awful lineup (with Robert healthy) might actually be historically bad like some posters have said.

8 hours ago, Soxfest said:

It’s embarrassing that Getz thought this lineup was acceptable on a daily basis. Getz is amateur hour.

I’ve lost all confidence in Getz, a lousy resume cheap hire guy by Reinsdork. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

8 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Benintendi’s cannon out in LF.  LOL!

There’s a reason this guy has been on 4 teams already, only the White Sox thought that he was an asset worth 15 million a year.

8 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Benintendi is absolutely my least favorite player ever. His contract and performance represent EVERYTHING wrong with this organization. 

As long as JR owns the franchise the organization cannot be repaired, it will be permanently a disgrace in the world of Professional Sports. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I'm genuinely thinking about following another team. I was watching a different game earlier with 2 teams that are actually competent. It was so nice to watch good baseball. Yall, seriously try it. Don't let this joke of an organization ruin your love for the game. We all have the black and white in our veins but...there is so much better out there. 

It’s hard to do after following the White Sox since 1952 but I won’t pay to watch them on TV and living in Florida will continue to get my baseball fix watching Rays and Marlins games.  
One thing has happened to me, after being a die-hard Blackhawks fan since 1958 I have become a huge fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning and they have become my favorite sports team, what a great organization with a great owner who constantly gives back to the community. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

7 hours ago, fathom said:

you're right, but they're using him a bit too frequently.  i'd rather them put him on a once every 6 days rotation and just try to hold that for as long as you can.  i feel like they're pitching him as often as possible to try and win meaningless games.

• Thanks 1