4/8 Sox @ Cleveland (4:10CT) - Banks vs. McKenzie

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

For sure. It’s frustrating but so is losing 10-7 every game because you can’t pitch or play defense. If I’m going to lose a ton of games I’d rather lose them low scoring because like you said the games are super quick at least.

No way, give me exciting offense 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The pitching is going to crater eventually, there’s just no talent there. It’s going to be real ugly eventually. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

gReAtEsT cOlLeGe hItTeR eVeR!

Still remember first time watching highlight videos thinking that he hit a lot of opposite field homers that barely made it out.  Not unlike Kurtz this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox had that in 2006 and that was probably my most frustrating and disappointing season as a Sox fan. Obviously, the expectations were much higher than now and that was a big factor but it was so damn frustrating to see that team hit the s%*# out of the ball and still miss the playoffs.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

insane play my moncada to bail our our "vet" out there in RF.

You know Grossman and Pillar can’t wait to eventually land on a contending team for cash considerations 

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

gReAtEsT cOlLeGe hItTeR eVeR!

I wasn’t “upset” by the pick, but I was hoping for Abrams. The whole high floor thing made no sense to me and still doesn’t. R/R 1b don’t have a high floor. They have the lowest goddamn floor because they have to mash to have any value whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sox had that in 2006 and that was probably my most frustrating and disappointing season as a Sox fan. Obviously, the expectations were much higher than now and that was a big factor but it was so damn frustrating to see that team hit the s%*# out of the ball and still miss the playoffs.

If you had no expectations, you would have thought that first half was the most exciting team of your lifetime.  This is easily the least interesting team.  If Crochet isn’t pitching, I have no desire to watch this team.

Just now, Pale Sox said:

I wasn’t “upset” by the pick, but I was hoping for Abrams. The whole high floor thing made no sense to me and still doesn’t. R/R 1b don’t have a high floor. They have the lowest goddamn floor because they have to mash to have any value whatsoever. 

Vaughn’s floor seems even lower because he’s so damn unathletic and no ability to improve his physique.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Still remember first time watching highlight videos thinking that he hit a lot of opposite field homers that barely made it out.  Not unlike Kurtz this year.

His EV his rookie year was fine, good even. The problem is that now his EV is down and his launch angle is even worse. His swing is completely broken. He was 81st percentile in EV as a rookie now he's 49th. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/andrew-vaughn-683734?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

That’s just because the division was better back then.  That 2006 team won 90 games.  Give me that every year, all day long in the pathetic AL Central.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

wtf, they won 90 games man. That’s infinitely better then what we’re about to see this year. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

His EV his rookie year was fine, good even. The problem is that now his EV is down and his launch angle is even worse. His swing is completely broken. He was 81st percentile in EV as a rookie now he's 49th. 

But he still had a problem getting it out to right center, unless it was his best swing.  Reminded me of what happened to Beckham here and even Morel.

• Like 2

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Thee ridiculousness of the teams stance that they are not awful just going through a streak all teams go through is hilarious. 

It should be terrifying to people that Getz thought this was a good approach.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If you had no expectations, you would have thought that first half was the most exciting team of your lifetime.  This is easily the least interesting team.  If Crochet isn’t pitching, I have no desire to watch this team.

2005 was easily the best for me. They didn’t hit nearly as well as they did in 2006 but they were such a well rounded team. Watching our pitching get smacked around in 2006, particularly in the second half of the season, was unwatchable for me. Again, expectations were a big part of that but I’ve never been more frustrated as a Sox fan as I was then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Thee ridiculousness of the teams stance that they are not awful just going through a streak all teams go through is hilarious. 

Yet it never ends