Stop the presses: Sox hold team meeting

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Then why would he bring up the team meeting? 

Because he’s an idiot.  He wants the media and fans to think he’s taking care of this epic losing situation while pretending he isn’t the one who told us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Paper Bag 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Because he’s an idiot.  He wants the media and fans to think he’s taking care of this epic losing situation while pretending he isn’t the one who told us. 

Ding, ding, ding! Signals to the masses that he is "taking charge." Wonder how many times he said they need to flush these first two weeks?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We don't even have any proven players to take over a team meeting. If Jose Abreu was here he could ask: "All due respect to my teammates and you coaches, do you think we're stupid? We're not capable of better than 2-14 with this roster of nice guys, but baseball bums." What's Vaughn or Sheets going to speak with their sub-human batting averages? Or Cease? Wait, he got traded.

DeJong or Nicky could get up and say: "Let's be honest. I'm just happy to be here helping out our new defensive juggernaut. You got me for defense; I'll show u some defense while hitting .150. Peace out."

Edited by greg775

In the mlb.com team meeting story it had a blurb on Eloy coming back from injury. This proves our training staff may be overmatched. Why isn't Eloy getting advice on this. This comment makes it sound like he doesn't know what to do.

A real test of Jiménez’s recovery could come from running the bases at full tilt. Jiménez couldn’t provide a definitive answer on how he would approach those situations, even feeling good and close to 100 percent.

“I don’t like to say that I’m not going to do it, because at the end of the day, I try to hustle, I try to play hard every single day,” Jiménez said. “To me, saying I’m going to take it easy, did I really want to take it easy, or did I really want to keep hustling and keep pushing? Right now, I don’t have a concrete answer to that question.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/eloy-jimenez-activated-from-white-sox-injured-list

Edited by greg775
  • Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

In the mlb.com team meeting story it had a blurb on Eloy coming back from injury. This proves our training staff may be overmatched. Why isn't Eloy getting advice on this. This comment makes it sound like he doesn't know what to do.

A real test of Jiménez’s recovery could come from running the bases at full tilt. Jiménez couldn’t provide a definitive answer on how he would approach those situations, even feeling good and close to 100 percent.

“I don’t like to say that I’m not going to do it, because at the end of the day, I try to hustle, I try to play hard every single day,” Jiménez said. “To me, saying I’m going to take it easy, did I really want to take it easy, or did I really want to keep hustling and keep pushing? Right now, I don’t have a concrete answer to that question.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/eloy-jimenez-activated-from-white-sox-injured-list

Just insanity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1