4/21 Sox @ Phils

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

In other news, gotta imagine we see Mendick tomorrow for Sosa. Dudes on fire for Charlotte. 

Here's the thing.  Mendick is not on the 40.  We already have 2 40 man moves in coming with Clevinger and Pham.  That would mean we need to figure out a 3rd guy to boot.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Here's the thing.  Mendick is not on the 40.  We already have 2 40 man moves in coming with Clevinger and Pham.  That would mean we need to figure out a 3rd guy to boot.

Yeah. Tough call with so many untouchables.

• Haha 8
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2
  • Hawk 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Clevinger is on the 40 man. Pham, Pillar and Grossman can’t all be on the 26 man along with Fletcher and Benintendi, so one has to go. Justin Anderson and Remillard should be easy DFAs (tho likely needed in Charlotte) and can still put Davis Martin on the MLB 60 day. So there are some options without even getting into guys like Leone and Flexen and guys playing their way that direction in Soroka and Sosa. 

If the Sox lose, and no fan is there to see it, did they really lose? 

I feel a real streak happening today. A giant reversal of fortune. I believe they will be ahead or tied for at least seven of the innings today. Just not the 9th. 

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Juggling so much talent is very difficult. Pining for Danny  Mendick has to be rock bottom.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Juggling so much talent is very difficult. Pining for Danny  Mendick has to be rock bottom.

I don’t think we’re even close to rock bottom yet.

• Like 2

Time for Danny Mendick. Start him at 3rd and leave him alone for a month. He deserves to be here more than a few other guys.

It's a feel good story, and he can play the corners in the outfield too.

Edited by zisk
spelling

51 minutes ago, pcq said:

Send Vaughn to the K-Ballers. 

At this point, going down to work on a significant swing change might be the best thing for him. HIs max EV is showing he still has pop, but that 9.8 average launch angle just isn't going to work. I've heard of some guys trying to commit to a pull-happy approach before two strikes, then getting more contact/spray focused with two; maybe that could sound appealing for him.

8 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

I got dumped this morning. Let's win one today boys.

I hope that is a Grifol flush reference and not real life. Either way....win 1 for TitoMB!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Am I remembering wrong, or didn't the White Sox used to post these lineups with stats? Did they stop doing that out of embarrassment?

They just showed the lineup/BAs...it is absolutely brutal how bad this offense is.

11 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

They just showed the lineup/BAs...it is absolutely brutal how bad this offense is.

It's 2020.....all of a sudden you are traveled through time to this Gamethread and you see this lineup.....and you wonder "is this a dystopian nightmare? Was covid really a zombie virus??"

• Haha 1

Just now, Snopek said:

So maybe today is the day the no hitter happens 

I don't think they'll let Nastrini go all 9....he'll need help from the bullpen to finish it off.

• Haha 1