4/21 Sox @ Phils

Seriously, who is going to take the position? Not anyone with an actual track record. Anyone with any potential knows this is a career killer. It will just be another guy who needs on the job training to grow into the position. 

I'm also going to assume he's playing the guys the front office wants him to play. 

Just now, Texsox said:

Seriously, who is going to take the position? Not anyone with an actual track record. Anyone with any potential knows this is a career killer. It will just be another guy who needs on the job training to grow into the position. 

I'm also going to assume he's playing the guys the front office wants him to play. 

Don't you think that guy who Luis Robert doesn't know would take over? I mean if Grifol was fired, which would surprise me.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Jirschele would take it, Montoya would take it. Just about anyone JR would actually hire would take it.

Edited by Dick Allen

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Jirschele would take it, Montoya would take it. Just about anyone JR would actually hire would take it.

Montoyo wouldn't have taken the job of bench coach if he wasn't willing to take over as Mgr.

• Like 1

I can't believe I just watched that whole game. I did yard work all morning and then rewarded myself with White Sox baseball?

Well, gamethreads are still always fun. Thanks, all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They would have to be hoping to be the Sox manager for a long time. After maybe winning 40-50 games this year and maybe 60 next what other franchise will hire them? 

They are going to look bad no matter what they do. These players can't execute. 

Has any Sox manager managed to stay in baseball after getting fired by the Sox? 

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

They would have to be hoping to be the Sox manager for a long time. After maybe winning 40-50 games this year and maybe 60 next what other franchise will hire them? 

LOL, I never thought about this but you are right.  I believe the last Sox manager to manage another team after leaving the Sox was Ozzie with the Marlins once he left the Sox in 2011.  Embarrassing.  If you keep going back in time, it wasn’t much better either.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyDOVKHwOUKzy_TgSiDsh

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Didn't Benintendi used to be a halfway decent player before he came to the White Sox?  What is it with this organization that turns everybody to s%*#?

The Sox don't turn them into crap, they were done before they signed it's just that the Sox GM's have no clue what every other team in baseball knew about these guys.   Sandy Alomar JR, Ron Bloomberg, John Jay, Jerry Reuss, Jamie Navarro, Yasmani Grandal, Mike Clevinger twice, Joe Kelly, Wellington Castillo, Derek Holland, Dallas Keuchel, Adam Dunn, Adam La Roche, Eaton 2nd signing, and Nick Swisher.

Ken Griffey JR, Michael Jordon could be added to the list as well, and I'm sure there's more.

• Thanks 2