Sox sign Jared Walsh to MiLB Deal

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't wait to see who we cut next so that Walsh can get his 20 ABs before being cut.

It'll be fun to watch Sosa or Colas suddenly develop the ability to draw a walk, fix their defensive flaws and become above average major leaguers for a competent MLB team.

Just now, Quin said:

It'll be fun to watch Sosa or Colas suddenly develop the ability to draw a walk, fix their defensive flaws and become above average major leaguers for a competent MLB team.

I swear one of them will go full Semien.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 players made their Sox debut in 2016. That’s probably a franchise record. 

Prelander Berroa will probably be the 23rd in 2024, and it’s not even May.

Walsh will get time on this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Since there was a discussion earlier on this site about whether the weekend sweep of the Rays was "fun", i would definitely not put the above in my "fun" category.

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, flavum said:

27 players made their Sox debut in 2016. That’s probably a franchise record. 

Prelander Berroa will probably be the 23rd in 2024, and it’s not even May.

Walsh will get time on this team.

Chris Getz:  Hold my zero alcohol beer!

2 hours ago, almagest said:

This is probably just a move for Charlotte, but I wonder if they're running out of patience with Vaughn.

Vaughn should be in Charlotte. He has options and he looks lost at the plate 

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 11:09 PM, southsider2k5 said:

I can't wait to see who we cut next so that Walsh can get his 20 ABs before being cut.

Tyler White or AJ Reed again...maybe Jon Singleton.

Edited by caulfield12

I like it. He and Pham are old but will be a nice 1-2 punch. It's like the South Side Hit Men being reincarnated. Gamble, Zisk, Spencer ... now Eloy, Pham, Walsh. Bring it on baby.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I like it. He and Pham are old but will be a nice 1-2 punch. It's like the South Side Hit Men being reincarnated. Gamble, Zisk, Spencer ... now Eloy, Pham, Walsh. Bring it on baby.

We went from dreaming on a potential line up TA-Moncada-Robert-Abreu-Eloy-Grandal-Vaughn/Burger-RF-Madrigal — with most of those dudes in their prime — to this.

I know the above was decimated to injuries, age and failing to live up prospect expectations, but holy hell. I don't know which talent collapse is worse between the lineup or the potential Gio-Rodon-Kopech-Cease-ReyLo/Dunning rotation.

• Like 1