Sox trade Horn to Red Sox for $

ChiSox59

Getz signs bunch of veterans in the offseason.  The rationale is so he can give the younger players time to marinate in the minors.

The Sox have a record poor start to the season.

Getz freaks out and calls up young prospects that struggle.  He also signs more veterans and cuts several young players from the 40-man roster to make room for these veterans.

Getz is a terrible GM.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Cash Considerations will be the White Sox's all-star representative.

I wonder if you can trade your All-Star rep spot….

Ok, I can't remember. Was Matthew Thompson on the 40-man roster?

Cause if not, it means we ultimately gave up a starting pitching prospect — who is of course now putting up better numbers with the Cubs AA team (yes, SSS) — for cash.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Quin said:

Cause if not, it means we ultimately gave up a starting pitching prospect — who is of course now putting up better numbers with the Cubs AA team (yes, SSS) — for cash.

We turned Matt Thompson into cash considerations.  Chris Getz is the poster child for failing upwards.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Quin said:

He was not 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Quin said:

No, he was not.  So basically Getz made trades of prospects for older players, which also caused him to lose 40-man roster flexibility, which ultimately forced him to DFA or trade younger players for cash to make room for more veterans.

I don’t see how anyone could defend how Getz has managed the 40-man roster at this point.  It’s been a clusterfuck of stupid decisions.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3
  • Hawk 1

Posted (edited)

Damn, Getz just let a 26 year old who's like the 38th ranked prospect in the Sox system walk for nothing? I'm so mad I don't know what to do. 😂

Career ERA 4.6. 2024 WHIP 2.32

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

Damn, Getz just let a 26 year old who's like the 38th ranked prospect in the Sox system walk for nothing? I'm so mad I don't know what to do. 😂

After trading a 23 year old 2nd round starting pitcher for him, who is now having success with the Cubs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

After trading a 23 year old 2nd round starting pitcher for him, who is now having success with the Cubs.

The same Matthew Thompson that was already demoted this year after getting shelled in AAA? 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The same Matthew Thompson that was already demoted this year after getting shelled in AAA? 

Is it a surprise he is doing better with the Cubs, who have better minor league instructors than the Sox?

Getz essentially turned Christian Mena and Matthew Thompson into Dominic Fletcher and cash.  Where is Fletcher right now?  Oh yeah, he was so bad he had to be sent to the minors.

Getz is a bad GM.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3