Sox trade Horn to Red Sox for $

ChiSox59

I still remember when the Sox traded Cash to the Guardians for Minoso and some others. Career .863 OPS over 17 years. 

On 4/30/2024 at 6:54 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Is it a surprise he is doing better with the Cubs, who have better minor league instructors than the Sox?

Getz essentially turned Christian Mena and Matthew Thompson into Dominic Fletcher and cash.  Where is Fletcher right now?  Oh yeah, he was so bad he had to be sent to the minors.

Getz is a bad GM.

Can you tell me on what exactly you base your opinion that the Cubs have better minor league instructors than the Sox ?

I'm thinking you must know all their names and have inside knowledge of both organizations. Fake know it alls just throw s%*# out there and expect it to stick and be taken as gospel.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, pcq said:

I still remember when the Sox traded Cash to the Guardians for Minoso and some others. Career .863 OPS over 17 years. 

That was the second deal Minnie was involved in before the 1960 season. 

13 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm thinking you must know all their names and have inside knowledge of both organizations. Fake know it alls just throw s%*# out there and expect it to stick and be taken as gospel.

People like that guaranteed that "Fedde would suck" because he had success in Korea. I'm starting to think that account is a sock puppet for one of the mods to troll. 

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

People like that guaranteed that "Fedde would suck" because he had success in Korea. I'm starting to think that account is a sock puppet for one of the mods to troll. 

I’m happy at least one player from Getz’s offseason panned out so far.  Greatest GM ever.

Who "guaranteed" that Fedde would suck "because he had success in Korea"?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Who "guaranteed" that Fedde would suck "because he had success in Korea"?

I thought he would suck because he was terrible in the majors for his entire MLB career, and didn’t think one year of Korean league success would translate.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I thought he would suck because he was terrible in the majors for his entire MLB career, and didn’t think one year of Korean league success would translate.

But that isn't what W.E just said.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Well, twisting words is his specialty, second to defending Getz at all costs.

With as upset as he gets about people not understanding his posts, there is a reason I copy and pasted him.

13 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That was the second deal Minnie was involved in before the 1960 season. 

Same with Cash who was then traded to Detroit by Cleveland for Steve Demeter, a minor league lifer of some repute from my childhood memories with the Rochester Red Wings. 

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With as upset as he gets about people not understanding his posts, there is a reason I copy and pasted him.

I didn’t? I said that the acquisitions of DeJong, Fedde, Maldonado, Lopez, Soroka, Flexen, and most of the bullpen acquisitions were all garbage. Nice of you to try to change history but it’s too late. Everyone knew these acquisitions sucked at the time but you. You tried to hype these bums up. Do you really want me to go back and prove it out with your recorded posts via the search engine? You said these things and everyone here knows it. Why do...

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:
I didn’t? I said that the acquisitions of DeJong, Fedde, Maldonado, Lopez, Soroka, Flexen, and most of the bullpen acquisitions were all garbage. Nice of you to try to change history but it’s too late. Everyone knew these acquisitions sucked at the time but you. You tried to hype these bums up. Do you really want me to go back and prove it out with your...

So where does he say he will suck because "because he had success in Korea".  For someone who worries about exactly what was said, that isn't what was said.

32 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Well, twisting words is his specialty, second to defending Getz at all costs.

At this point, you're just a constant stream of bibbledy-babble, I don't even fault you for not being able to keep track of what you posted. 

• TLR 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

So where does he say he will suck because "because he had success in Korea".  For someone who worries about exactly what was said, that isn't what was said.

Just stop. I'm not spending my day reading through all this guy's posts just so I can respond to your pedantic harassment. I've made my point. 

• TLR 1

Just stop. I'm not spending my day reading through all this guy's posts just so I can respond to your pedantic harassment. I've made my point. 

On 4/22/2024 at 5:08 PM, WestEddy said:

I'm learning to respect everybody else's right to be foolishly wrong. 

I will leave you with your own words.  Again.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Bonus points for working in such an assertive adjective as "pedantic"?