ILoy watch

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

We’re going to find out tomorrow just how much the Sox hate Colas. He’s really the only 40 man option besides DeLoach. 

Colas did get pinch hit for tonight, fwiw.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I remember being young and a guy missed a start with a "stiff neck" and I asked my dad how is that even possible. He tried to explain but I didn't get it until about 35. 

At age 29 I had to take a sick day because I slept weird and couldn't turn my head without extreme pain.

Bodies can be stupid.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Johno said:

i’ve never seen anything like this, a young man gets hurt on a constant basis just running the bases!!!

Sometimes players add other things to their workouts in an attempt to be stronger that can increase the chances of injuries.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Unlike Mr. Glass, Eloy is not a villain. There's no need to hate him. He is what he is.

He can keep coming back and keep getting injured with another team and enjoy an early retirement with millions.

Mr. Glass brought balance to his world.  Where there are super heroes, there have to be villains.  Just like in the MLB, where there are iron men players that always stay healthy, you need an Eloy who always gets hurt to bring balance.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Mr. Glass brought balance to his world.  
Where there are super heroes, there have to be villains.  Just like in the MLB, where there are iron men players that always stay healthy, you need an Eloy who always get hurt to bring balance.

Eloy is an NPC at this point.  Emphasis on Non-Player.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

At age 29 I had to take a sick day because I slept weird and couldn't turn my head without extreme pain.

Bodies can be stupid.

for a trained athlete it's a bit different but in general agree once out of mid 20s it's a slow then quicker decline.

I wonder if Eloy's health problems will continue on his next team. Nobody will trade for him but somebody will sign him for the minimum when his Sox contract runs out. Maybe the Sox will just release him. He's old news. He's finished.

Or if not finished the Sox can play this charade of him playing 2-3 weeks then getting hurt til his contract expires. Eloy you are such a disappointment sir.

52 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Sometimes players add other things to their workouts in an attempt to be stronger that can increase the chances of injuries.

Doesn't that fall upon the training, conditioning and medical staffs to make sure he isn't doing something that can eventually lead to more issues?

‘‘The tests weren’t bad, but it’s going to take him out of action for at least a couple of days,’’ manager Pedro Grifol said. ‘‘It could be longer. Who knows?’’

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

for a trained athlete it's a bit different but in general agree once out of mid 20s it's a slow then quicker decline.

Most trained athletes, yes. Eloy is a special breed.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Doesn't that fall upon the training, conditioning and medical staffs to make sure he isn't doing something that can eventually lead to more issues?

Are you suggesting that teams spy on their players? And if they're doing things the team doesn't approve of, .... intervene? 

24 minutes ago, Quin said:

Most trained athletes, yes. Eloy is a special breed.

You guys laugh at me but I said all along they shoulda had Dave Winfield or even Jermaine Dye consult Eloy on baserunning, stretching etc. Similar bodies without these problems.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They aren't with them in the off season. They can council, prescribe and advise but can't control everything,  especially if it's something that is prohibited by MLB.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

‘‘The tests weren’t bad, but it’s going to take him out of action for at least a couple of days,’’ manager Pedro Grifol said. ‘‘It could be longer. Who knows?’’

Haha, even Grifol is lying now.  When it comes to Eloy, always assume it will be longer.

Posted (edited)

The three main injury-prone crew have barely played this season and they couldn’t even make it to the start of summer.  Further proof on why these guys can never be counted on, which shouldn’t excuse Getz or the Sox for banking on them.  These guys are what they are.

Hopefully, Getz uses this as a learning lesson and realizes that this is what the future likely holds for Robert, barely playing due to injury just like Eloy and Moncada.  Get him as healthy as he can be and trade him after an extended hot streak.

The flip side is that Robert stays healthy by some miracle and the Sox won’t be able to re-sign him anyways so I don’t see a reason to not trade him.

Edited by WhiteSox2023