Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT

Featured Replies

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Just remember Carlos Guillen and all the Sox power hitters being totally shut down

that bunt/squeeze play to end series

The pick off. I was sitting behind 1st base.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Will be in attendance for this one, our tickets are behind home plate. Would love nothing more than to celebrate a sweep and watch all these loser Astros fans sulk home.

  • Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her
    Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her

  • Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her
    Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her

    Sean Burke got no bitches! All he does is ball.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

1959

1983

2021

won the first game

Sox lost

game 1

in 2021

I was there

The Sox have been in so few playoff series its easy to recall every game.

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Sox lost

game 1

in 2021

I was there

ooops

meant 2020

started by Giolito

then Keuchel debacle

then Crochet/Rodon debacle

only hit that stands out was LuBomb

"With nobody on and one out, Venable went to Sean Newcomb, and that was the only call that really backfired. He gave up a single to Lucas Spence, and then a two-out, no-doubt two-run shot to pinch-hitting Nelson Velázquez which made it a 5-2 game. (The gopher ball was a third consecutive high fastball, so let's see if Teel's pitch-calling is once again alluded to postgame)."

soxmachine.com

Will be in attendance for this one, our tickets are behind home plate. Would love nothing more than to celebrate a sweep and watch all these loser Astros fans sulk home.

12 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Sox lost

game 1

in 2021

I was there

They won game 3 in 2021 in Chicago. I was there.

Let’s hope Burke gets through some innings. Bullpen decisions are going to be a little scary without Taylor and Smith

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They won game 3 in 2021 in Chicago. I was there.

So was I. Not relevant to the post I was responding to, though, which said they won game 1, which they did not.

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

So was I. Not relevant to the post I was responding to, though, which said they won game 1, which they did not.

Just backing you up.

2020 doesnt count as a real playoff

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

2020 doesnt count as a real playoff

6 minutes ago, Green Line said:

2020 doesnt count as a real playoff

How many teams have won the Wild Card after losing game 1?

In the five seasons in which the Wild Card round has existed -- 2020, 2022-25 -- there have been three teams to lose the first game, then win two straight to win the series and advance to an LDS.

https://www.mlb.com/news/0-1-comebacks-in-best-of-three-series

Yankees/Red Sox (home) 2025

A's (home)/White Sox and Padres (home)/Cards 2020

Edited by caulfield12

I don't blame the Astros players for being pissed about their fans booing. They were expected to be an 81 win team this year right? What a shitty fanbase

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

Perfect. Fall apart, Astros.

Sousa is also the last guy who should be saying that. It's one thing if it's Yordan or Hunter Brown, but Sousa is one of their worst pitchers this year.

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I don't blame the Astros players for being pissed about their fans booing. They were expected to be an 81 win team this year right? What a shitty fanbase

Here’s something that’s hard to believe but true:

***The Astros lost their eighth consecutive postseason home game on Tuesday, going back to Game 2 of the 2023 ALDS.***

Don’t forget: This is a team that won a World Series four years ago, their second in the past 10 years. But it’s also worth remembering that this Astros team isn’t the Astros teams we’ve grown used to seeing. They’re now four games under .500 at Daikin Park for the season. (And, ahem, one game under .500 anywhere for the season.) All the reasons the Astros have struggled this year were apparent in Game 1: They were short on pitching and they couldn’t put together much offense outside Yordan Alvarez.

mlb.com

and Alvarez 5/24 against Sox

So WC G1 winners are now 21-3 winning three game series going back to 2020

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Both Houston and Atlanta had thousands 0fm empty seats. Having these games in the daytime certainly didn't help matters. Most people have to work for a living. It would have been better to have these games played in the night.

These teams have been to the playoffs the majority of the past decade. I can see why fans wouldn't want to go on a weekday afternoon. It's not like they haven't seen this before.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Here’s something that’s hard to believe but true:

***The Astros lost their eighth consecutive postseason home game on Tuesday, going back to Game 2 of the 2023 ALDS.***

Don’t forget: This is a team that won a World Series four years ago, their second in the past 10 years. But it’s also worth remembering that this Astros team isn’t the Astros teams we’ve grown used to seeing. They’re now four games under .500 at Daikin Park for the season. (And, ahem, one game under .500 anywhere for the season.) All the reasons the Astros have struggled this year were apparent in Game 1: They were short on pitching and they couldn’t put together much offense outside Yordan Alvarez.

mlb.com

and Alvarez 5/24 against Sox

So WC G1 winners are now 21-3 winning three game series going back to 2020

Unfortunately we were one of those 3. Job's nowhere near done. Still gotta be locked in.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Just remember Carlos Guillen and all the Sox power hitters being totally shut down

that bunt/squeeze play to end series

He stepped on home plate while bunting. He's a cheater, too.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Unfortunately we were one of those 3. Job's nowhere near done. Still gotta be locked in.

Reminscent of the Twins' post season streak vs Yankees 15 or 16 in a row

Yes, Brown will be tough...

I looked at the Astros playoff roster and it dawned on me that Okert wasnt on it. He is still hurt.

Hader is the only one in that pen that is scary, everyone else is shaky. I am assuming they put Wesneski in at some point today as well, or Lambert.

1 hour ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

Sox didn't win game 1 in 2000, they were swept by Seattle

I was 14 and cry played on my drumset after Edgar Martinez hit that home run off Foulke in game 1. I was so upset, my poor drums felt the wrath that night

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I was 14 and cry played on my drumset after Edgar Martinez hit that home run off Foulke in game 1. I was so upset, my poor drums felt the wrath that night

I popped out of work to watch game 1 at Billy Goat on Illinois. The place grew quiet when Edgar Martinez hit his HR off of Foulke in the 10th inning. The Cub-fan bartender was ringing the bell behind the counter for it. Then Olerud went back to back. One guy yells out, "f***!! That's your name, Keith f***!!"

I want ron to start every game thread for the next four and a half weeks 😉

Tonight we pop bottles!!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.