Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, AntMan26 said:

I don't understand how anyone can love Cleveland so much to pass on millions of dollars to play there when he could have easily played for any other team in any other city.

Loyalty. Its a good thing.

  • Replies 170
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • This is no longer a "magical" season and whatever happens, we're good. I want blood this series. I want to beat the hell out of Cleveland. f*** those guys. Crush'em.

  • “ WE'RE GONNA GET ON A PLANE AND WE'RE GONNA HEAD TO CLEVELAND, OHIO. SOMEBODY'S POURING ALCOHOL DOWN MY PANTS. AND WHAT WERE GONNA DO IS SHOW UP, PLAY WHITE SOX BASEBALL AND WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS

  • The Pope has convinced Jerry to convert!

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

got to take at least one of these games. I am nervous facing their pitchin

Surprisingly I’m not nervous at all. Team has had an incredible year. Even if they lose this series, I won’t be disappointed.

41 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

got to take at least one of these games. I am nervous facing their pitchin

Why? Over the season our starters have a better ERA than there’s in our matchups with them. I’d much rather face them then what NY could throw at us.

40 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Well luckily you won’t have a bat in your hands and the players don’t seem too bothered by pressure!

Perhaps he, like me, has the ability to alter the team's performance based on which hat he chooses to wear, which room he chooses to watch the game from, etc. It's a lot of pressure in its own right.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Surprisingly I’m not nervous at all. Team has had an incredible year. Even if they lose this series, I won’t be disappointed.

I think I’d be a little disappointed if they lost to Cleveland because I truly believe the Sox have the better team. But I agree anything from this point forward is just the cherry on top of the most unpredictable season in history

Just now, HeGetzUs said:

I think I’d be a little disappointed if they lost to Cleveland because I truly believe the Sox have the better team. But I agree anything from this point forward is just the cherry on top of the most unpredictable season in history

Easily the most pleasantly surprising

I feel like I felt after the 2008 regular season. Winning the division from the Twins was so rewarding I didn't really feel much when they lost to Tampa in the ALDS. That said this series is much more winnable than that one, Tampa in 2008 was a juggernaut.

Edited by Green Line

34 minutes ago, AntMan26 said:

I don't understand how anyone can love Cleveland so much to pass on millions of dollars to play there when he could have easily played for any other team in any other city.

I mean I guess I get it, as I have stayed in my hometown to work remotely when I could probably double my salary (or more) if I was willing to take on an office job in NYC on a daily basis. But Cleveland? I am going to go with my man Jo Noah on this one.

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Surprisingly I’m not nervous at all. Team has had an incredible year. Even if they lose this series, I won’t be disappointed.

This is house money. Hopefully all of you believers put up and made a lot of money, because it was free money for those who believed all along. Just remember Gage and Soxtalk with those millions.

Sorry I have zero sympathy for Cleveland fans. They get to watch mostly very good baseball’s for 30 straight years, many hall of famers. Boo hoo you don’t get second contracts.

Losers.

14 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I feel like I felt after the 2008 regular season. Winning the division from the Twins was so rewarding I didn't really feel much when they lost to Tampa in the ALDS. That said this series is much more winnable than that one, Tampa in 2008 was a juggernaut.

The last week of the season was so intense I actually felt a sense of relief when they lost to Tampa.

28 minutes ago, HeGetzUs said:

Why? Over the season our starters have a better ERA than there’s in our matchups with them. I’d much rather face them then what NY could throw at us.

Throw that stat out the window. Cleveland has great pitching and will be very tough. Doesn’t mean the Sox can’t win, but regular season head to head stats mean nothing now. Just ask the Astros.

29 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I feel like I felt after the 2008 regular season. Winning the division from the Twins was so rewarding I didn't really feel much when they lost to Tampa in the ALDS. That said this series is much more winnable than that one, Tampa in 2008 was a juggernaut.

They were so spent once they got to Tampa, it was almost unfair lol.

56 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Loyalty. Its a good thing.

Not with Cleveland. Or abusive relationships. Which I feel like as a Sox fan I've been in one for all of my life 😂😭

4 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Throw that stat out the window. Cleveland has great pitching and will be very tough. Doesn’t mean the Sox can’t win, but regular season head to head stats mean nothing now. Just ask the Astros.

Well obviously, but there is nothing there that tells us the Sox can’t compete/win this series. 2 very evenly matched teams that may ultimately come down to who doesn’t make the mental mistakes and can play clean baseball

8 minutes ago, AntMan26 said:

Not with Cleveland. Or abusive relationships. Which I feel like as a Sox fan I've been in one for all of my life 😂😭

That's not a bad comp. Their fans know what is coming.

31 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sorry I have zero sympathy for Cleveland fans. They get to watch mostly very good baseball’s for 30 straight years, many hall of famers. Boo hoo you don’t get second contracts.

Losers.

It's still amazing to me those 90s Cleveland teams didn't win at least one world series. Yeah they had the New York juggernaut starting in 1998 but '95-'97 were right there for them.

10 minutes ago, almagest said:

It's still amazing to me those 90s Cleveland teams didn't win at least one world series. Yeah they had the New York juggernaut starting in 1998 but '95-'97 were right there for them.

They had both the Yankee and the Braves juggernaut staring them in the face

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

They had both the Yankee and the Braves juggernaut staring them in the face

And they couldn't get past the Marlins in 97

3 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

And they couldn't get past the Marlins in 97

The Marlins were a built super team. Let’s not pretend like they really were a surprise in 97, that was an insane team. 03, sure, but 97 was built to win so their owner could sell at a higher price point

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.