Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM

Featured Replies

Mike Vasil's steps for White Sox Playoff Success.....

  1. Take a plane to Cleveland.....✔️

  2. Kick some Ass.....Incoming

  3. Bring Playoff Baseball back to Chicago.....Cannot Wait

  • Replies 213
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • This is no longer a "magical" season and whatever happens, we're good. I want blood this series. I want to beat the hell out of Cleveland. f*** those guys. Crush'em.

  • “ WE'RE GONNA GET ON A PLANE AND WE'RE GONNA HEAD TO CLEVELAND, OHIO. SOMEBODY'S POURING ALCOHOL DOWN MY PANTS. AND WHAT WERE GONNA DO IS SHOW UP, PLAY WHITE SOX BASEBALL AND WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS

  • The Pope has convinced Jerry to convert!

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, wegner said:

Mike Vasil's steps for White Sox Playoff Success.....

  1. Take a plane to Cleveland.....✔️

  2. Kick some Ass.....Incoming

  3. Bring Playoff Baseball back to Chicago.....Cannot Wait

“There’s alcohol being poured down my pants!”

9 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Our lineup against lefties always just looks funny but I do think this is the best lineup to throw out there. Let's go boys!!!

ez win

On 10/1/2026 at 4:29 AM, The Beast said:

I am trying to wrap my head around the Sox strategy for pitching. Is it that they lack arms that can go 6+ innings from the start that they get creative with openers, then a guy who goes for several innings and then lock down the later innings?

Or is it that they are unpredictable with who will pitch, making other teams have to scout every pitcher and have hitters adjust to the pitcher coming out of the pen?

It's for sure a different openers strategy than was employed during the season.

Now its like opener and let's go with matchups the best we can. But sooner or later it'll be hard not to pitch guys that aren't great matchups.

It's pretty unique to Venables style of managing and managing starting pitchers who have problems going past 5 innings and are somewhat gassed.

It worked perfectly against the Astros but its harder to duplicate in a longer series. The more arms you throw out there the more likely you are to find one that implodes.

For the Sox to win the series they're going to have to prevent Messick and Williams from dominating them and win the match ups battle.

Cleveland has also used their running game pretty extensively against the White Sox. They will put much more pressure on the Sox defense. Sox may have to step up their running game . We may see Venable go back to bunting if runs are at a premium when approaching mid game.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

On 10/1/2026 at 6:58 AM, PaleAleSox said:

I don’t think it matters if Cleveland is mad about this if Hagan Smith is dotting a corner for a strikeout. It won’t make them better.

I see you're going with the " If I keep spelling "Hagan"wrong he will continue to pitch really good strategy."

I like it ! 🙃😉

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

35 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Our lineup against lefties always just looks funny but I do think this is the best lineup to throw out there. Let's go boys!!!

I’d rather have Antonacci or Peters in there over Braden against a LHP, but Montgomery has also hit a bomb off Messick so what do I know. Either way, let’s fucking go!!!

Game Day!!!! Let's continue this great Ride!!

LETS FUCKING GO!!!

On 10/1/2026 at 9:49 AM, Harry Chappas said:

I think they go Hagen and then Davis game one and Schultz then Burke in game 2.

Kay's outing yesterday was not much off of the El Duque game. He and Fedde throwing an inning or two of high leverage is an asset.

Sandlin too and if they can get Schultz to step up that will signicantly improve their chances against the Guardians.

Brazoban been a huge disappointment

I know he didnt have a great appearance last game, but I thought he had been pitching well overall since returning from the DL?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.